PDA

View Full Version : Bristow

British-bulldog
31st Aug 2007, 23:13
Anybody got any words of wisdom about Bristow, I am in the US and am expecting a call from them. Just trying to get a feel for pay, locations,A/C type and benefits.

Any info would be good.....Cheers.

SASless
1st Sep 2007, 13:05
By "Bristow"....which part of the "Bristow Group" do you refer?

I would bet dougnuts to dog droppings....and you can hold the stakes in your mouth....it will be Nigeria they offer.

Throw in a question about where you contract will be administered....Channel Islands in Jersey?

Pay....which scale you being offered...as there are several.

Phone Wind
1st Sep 2007, 16:50
B-b,

SAS is right. A lot depends on your experience level, which you haven't mentioned. A lot of new hires are going to Nigeria, but experience will determine whether you're offered a Captain, SFO or FO positio.

Pay and allowances differ from one country to another, but Nigeria will probably probably have the highest allowances right now. If you do come to Nigeria, they presently operate AS332L, S76 A++/C+/C++, Bell 206/407/412 SP & EP, EC155B out of a number of bases in the south of the country for a number of oil majors including Shell, Chevron and Exxon Mobil and another company not so welll known outside of Nigeria, Addax.

Benefits usually include health insurance, a contributory pension scheme and life insurance. If you are offered work in Nigeria, as SAS says your contract will be with British Island Airways Guernsey and you'll be paid in US$.

S76Heavy
1st Sep 2007, 18:39
But you get to sing a great song around the campfire..:}

500e
1st Sep 2007, 20:13
76 Heavy
See you are in the loop
One world one team:uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh::uhoh:

Tokunbo
2nd Sep 2007, 00:39
One pilot per aircraft, one percent pay rise, one spanner, one accident is all it takes ............... :yuk:

thekite
30th Sep 2007, 08:15
I worked for them on the North Sea in S61s.

Every thing they said they would do, they did. They paid me well and honoured their promises.:D

After working for shonky Australain companys for decades, who will tell you anything you want to hear, then weasel out when you are in the job, Bristows were a breath of fresh air.

British fresh air that is. None of your convict weaslehoods.

thekite:ok:

ivan
30th Sep 2007, 09:45
Anyone know how long it takes Bristow to respond to a resume delivered to Redhill (on average)?

Nigerian Expat Outlaw
30th Sep 2007, 10:06
You might get a reply within 4 months. But then again, you might not.

NEO

Tokunbo
30th Sep 2007, 13:46
One world, one team, one helicopter, one year for a reply :}

Target zero. Zero pay rise, zero new aircraft, zero new employees, zero interest :yuk:

SASless
30th Sep 2007, 20:25
Don't get to Meddiling in Bristow business now....HR in Redhill has all the answers....if you do not believe it....just ask him.:ugh:

papa68
1st Oct 2007, 00:23
Chaps,

Not that this answers the original post, but given most of the responses so far, has anyone noticed (apart from the Aussie crews) that Bristow's new logo looks a little like a swastika? D'oh!

One Mission, One World, One Team, One Supreme Company.

Papa68:O

BB - I suggest you get on the numerous BristowGroup (and related) websites, and check out the basics for yourself. Once you've ascertained what your interested in, qualified for etc etc, you'll be in a position to ask a more specific question. Right now it looks a little like "How long is piece of string?" It's not only vague but suggests you simply can't be bothered (or have the initiative) to do a basic search for yourself. Sounds a little harsh I admit but have a look at your post again. The scope is currently far too wide for you to get a useful (sensible) answer. Bristow's is a BIG company!

Regardless, good luck in your search for answers!

AusWhirlyBusDriver
11th Oct 2007, 14:23
BB,
Some intertesting information I picked up recently....:ok:
I am unsure from your post exactly where it was you were hoping to go with Bristow. In addition, I am completely unaware of your licencing or experience. However, the following may be of help to you or others;

Helicopter Pilot's required with Bristow, Posted 28 Sep 2007
Pilot's required for international work operating S76, S61, AS332l, EC155 & Bell 212/214.
Package offered includes tax free salary, pension scheme, life insurance, medical insurance, free flights, food & accommodation.
Locations include Australia, Kazakhstan (High Five, Niiice!), Mauritania, Turkmenistan, Malaysia, Nigeria & Libya.
Contact [email protected], or send CV/Resume to;
Andy Morgan (HR Manager)
Bristow International Aviation (Guernsey) Ltd
Canada Court, Upland Rd, St Peter Port, Guernsey
Channel Islands GY1 3BQ.

I have no idea if this is what you are after. I do however, have it on good authority that if you work for Bristow Australia, you can forget about going overseas.....unless you resign first......
Good luck.:)