PDA

View Full Version : 737 NG brake unit rigs

The Invisible Man
31st Aug 2007, 19:13
Do any of the rigs used to change the outer brake units on the 737 NG foul the u/c door when raising the unit onto the axle? The one we use was manufactured by UK company and does!
Would like to know if this is common problem.

Notar31
23rd Sep 2007, 14:32
The rigs we use to hoist Main breaks dont contact the gear door. However they were manufactured by local mechanics. they have wheels on them so you can transport them on the rig and then raise them for the brake change. However I have contacted the gear door on more than one occasion. " who put that door there!!"

Professional MEL applicator:p

gas path
23rd Sep 2007, 16:48
Don't you just lift them on and off by hand on toy aeroplanes?:E:E

The Invisible Man
23rd Sep 2007, 20:30
Was beginning to think no-one else changing 737 NG brake units!
Gas Path
Challenge to you.... if you can lift one by hand I will donate £50 to a charity of your choice. They are by far the heaviest brake units in the world. (Unless anyone knows different!)

smudgethecat
23rd Sep 2007, 20:36
A rig???? for a 737 brake unit??? your having a giraffe mate

The Invisible Man
23rd Sep 2007, 20:58
737 NG.... Not classic! Big difference! (As in weight, we have steel option not carbon units )

Notar31
24th Sep 2007, 23:45
We use the same rig unit on a 300 or 700 NG. I usually slide the brake to the end of the forks to make it easier to get on the A/C. :ok:

fruitloop
30th Sep 2007, 00:38
I prefer changing the brakes on a NG as opposed to the Classic/Durassic..Less bolts and still regularly hit my head on the gear door !!

Golden Rivet
30th Sep 2007, 07:38
I concur with the invisible man. The NG steel brake unit is without doubt the heaviest brake unit I've ever come across.

We currently use a wheel lift dolly with a wooden v block. Works OK but you've still got to lift the brake onto the v block.

Latest NG's are being delivered with carbon brake units.

Il Sal
16th Oct 2007, 13:10
Hi everybody,
I'm an Aerospace MSc student in Kingston University of London.
I'm working on a B747 landing gear project.
I need, if is possible, some images, photos and real dimensions in order to design with Cad/Cam the main parts (Wheels, brakes, piston, actuator...) and then assemble them.
If you have some info let me know, please.:ok:
Best
Andrea

mavrik1
18th Oct 2007, 06:25
Use a small automotive engine lift crane with wheels and lift the brake with that using a 8 inch wide material sling that wraps around the brake and attaches to the crane hook, makes the job so easy, you will be smiling all the way! Cheap as too, and safe, no more head banging on that dam door.