PDA

View Full Version : Seaplane in Dubai

canadair
31st Aug 2007, 17:59
Has anyone else noticed the white Cessna Caravan on Amphibious floats operating up and down the Dubai coast recently?
We flew over it on departure the other day, very pretty to see.
Take a look at
www.seawings.ae
The aircraft looks beautiful!:ok:

Gulfstreamaviator
1st Sep 2007, 08:31
Saw it in hanger recently, and then on Apron.

Very nice.

One float was a little leaky, but subsequently resealed, and now apparantly operational.

glf

fractional
1st Sep 2007, 10:23
A few years ago there were 2 Caravans running a shuttle service to Abu Dhabi from the creek....They are probably resurecting the venture. There should be a market for sightseeing during the cooler months...

Ibn Kalb
1st Sep 2007, 11:59
I had quite fancied the idea of an uber luxury London-Dubai service stopping on Lake Como, Alexandria and then Dubai using one of these

http://www.shinmaywa.co.jp/english/products/aircraft_02.htm

any takers?

scanscanscan
1st Sep 2007, 18:28
Just the aircraft Gf require to evacuate their very ill Senior Training Captain Rad Gammage from Cyprus to Bahrain....they cannot do it themselves as all their flights are full and Captain Gammage has only worked for them for 31 years...
so they have decided to hope he dies in Cyprus and saves them a Dinar.

Apache702
1st Sep 2007, 20:49
That s the kind of flying i want to do again before I retire....:ok:
not about to happen any soon...:hmm:
Anybody knows what kind of $$ they offer to fly the Caravan? :)

choclit runway
2nd Sep 2007, 17:53
It's based at Jebel Ali Resort and Spa Marina.

JoeCo
17th Sep 2007, 10:11
WarLock,

Different idea, different bunch of guys, same type of plane.

A more serious player this time around, from the looks of it, with some more serious players involved.

Plane does look shape though! Nice to see another avenue of aviation being introduced (re-introduced) to the Dubai/Middle East scene.

Good Luck guys! Maybe 3rd time lucky!!

sispanys ria
7th Oct 2007, 17:16
Hi everybody.
I'd like to join the place very soon and was wondering if any of you could have an idea of where such light turbo planes can achieve maintenance (PT6 overhaul, airframe and avionics).
Thanks for the help !

MD500D
22nd Oct 2007, 15:40
A/C is operated by JetOps.:suspect: