PDA

View Full Version : Ecole de pilotage en ANGLAIS

BClouds
31st Aug 2007, 04:11
Good morning everyone,

I am looking for a flight school in France, and follow training in English.
I am not familiar with the schools there, however i have contacted few but were all offering training in only in French

Please advise

Very good day,
Antoine

5 RINGS
31st Aug 2007, 06:55
Hi Antoine!

Sorry buddy but there's only one answer to your question....forget it!

Unfortunately you'll have to go to the UK if you want to be properly trained in aviation and English at the same time.

cheers!

BClouds
31st Aug 2007, 07:44
lol okay i guess you're right :rolleyes:
English in france is not recommended is it..

I guess i'll go with germany or maybe sweden, i'll see.
I am so interested in the Scandinavian Aviation Academy (http://www.bfsaa.se/news.php?year=2007&newsID=89) :) (57000 euros for complete ATPL, i really think that's great)

Anyways, for now, have a look at what i've just fell on:
http://www.nearlyheaven.com

Anyone heard about it ?

sam34
31st Aug 2007, 22:25
Hello,

Have you ever called Esma near Montpellier in the south of France ??

www.esma.fr

I think in France there are only two schools offering a course in english. I am sure Esma they do, because they teach Chineses, Vietnamese... And all the instructors have to be able understand and speak english.
I know very well this school because I did my theory ATPL with them (very serious.)

Epag is the second school, but the weather is like in UK, I'd say : BAD. :p
And if you are not an Air France's cadet, you will get a bad timetable. ( a friend of mine, cadet, told me that)
PLus, it is the most expensive... So they are good for cadets, but not really for others students (a little bit like Oxford in UK).

In the south it is great, sunny, it is not necessary for IR of course lol, but here it is often windy. Very good for the skills.

other option, you can try in Spain.

CirrusF
1st Sep 2007, 08:45
If you want to really benefit from doing your training in English, then you should make sure all the instructors have MOTHER TONGUE English. Don't waste your time training with French instructors who speak English as a second language - it may be that the DGAC automatically exempt you from the FCL1.200 if you do training in English in France, but this does not mean that you are necessarily a good aviation English speaker.

2nd Sep 2007, 09:17
Not sure whether they still exist or not but try Azur Flying Club in Aix en Provence they were linked to the local flying cub.

Frelon
2nd Sep 2007, 16:39
Hi Antoine
I guess it depends a lot on where you live (or want to learn to fly). I was a member of the flying club at Flers and one of the instructors spoke very good English and is a pilot with Air France. But I agree with one of the earlier posters - instructing in your mother tongue is difficult as it is. In another language it is even more difficult (challenging).
Good luck with your search.

BelArgUSA
21st Sep 2007, 15:42
Hola Antoine /
xxx
As an alternative - how about considerng training with Sabena school in Brussels. Belgium people often speak French, yet in aviation they do it all in English. So, socially, you could speak French (or Dutch/Flemish) with them, but in classrooms, English is normally used. And Brussels is a mere 1 H 20' away from Paris in the TGV train...
xxx
Funny thing is, I am a native of Brussels, grew up with French and Flemish at school, but as a kid, I did my PPL in the Brussels area, before moving to California and did most of my career in the US with airlines. While I continue to speak French often (and Spanish as I live now in Argentina), I would have a hell of a time to instruct pilots in French... all my aviation and airplane vocabulary is in English.
xxx
Many years ago, with PanAm, I had a class of African 707 pilots who spoke French and got "designated" to teach them because I was known to speak French, yet, in the classroom, I had to mix English into my French language explanations, as there were many aeronautical wordings I did not know in French. Even had to use a dictionnary... to learn that an hydraulic actuator was... a "verin" in French...! But an "aileron" is... an aileron in French, and a pitot tube is a "tube pitot"...
xxx
A few years ago... I flew a contract in DC-8s, and once got teamed with a French F/O and a Swiss F/E. We spoke French together, but... I was unable to do a check-lst... in French...! They laughed at me...
xxx
:)
Happy contrails to you