PDA

View Full Version : Fire at the Golden Tulip- Muscat

Panama Jack
30th Aug 2007, 19:19
Is there any truth to the rumor that there was a fire at the hotel affectionately known as the "Golden Toilet" in Muscat?

And were crews outside in the front parking-lot chanting "burn! burn! burn?"

runway in use
30th Aug 2007, 20:53
yes its true,

my friend was there that night, they sent them to AL-Nahda resort and they got the next day off.

ATCO1962
31st Aug 2007, 03:11
True. I went there the same morning as the fire, wandered through the reception area on my way to the gym, wondered why these hoses were snaking through the building, why there was all this water everywhere and why I seemed to be the only customer in the whole place. Noone stopped me from having a look see. There was obvious smoke damage in some places and when I got to the gym, some of the staff said it started in the bar close to the gym around midnight. Later, another staff member indicated that it was confined to a store room next to the bar.

They were lucky this time. Funny, it didn't make it to the papers here; at least I didn't see it:hmm:

Like Fox news; "Fair and balanced reporting:yuk::yuk:

Propellor
1st Sep 2007, 22:13
Yes, I heard from one who was there that there was a fire, and all the residents were evacuated.
In some areas, like in the upper floors of the Eastern wing, the smoke was very dense. Crews were sent to other hotels after much deliberation and pussyfooting by the hotel management and GFA Operations.
Heard that the personal belongings of some crews was stolen from the rooms when they were evacuated or were away.
I wonder if GFA will continue to send their crews to the 'Golden Toilet'. Most crews will be happy not to go there ever again.

Panama Jack
2nd Sep 2007, 01:42
Wow. Just learned also that one cabin crew member was down sick in MCT for three days for treatment for smoke inhalation. I am glad that everybody is OK though. Sad to hear that some crew's belongings were pilfered by opportunists in the aftermath. :uhoh:

REACH-69
2nd Sep 2007, 03:54
well.........what do you expect when your airline accomadate you at a 2 star hotel...........who are the members of the hotel community ? unfortunately ex-cabin crew that got to these positions by a**s kissing the management.:ok: Thank God nobody got hurt this time