PDA

View Full Version : Comair resignations to 1Time

line-driver
30th Aug 2007, 18:10
Heard that 1Time is approaching the MD80 F/O's and offering them command, rather than go onto B737 conversion and wait yet another 3 to 4 years for command at Comair.

I believe 2 F/O,s have already accepted and tendered resignations this week.

And judging by the numbers going thru interviews in "the desert", theres going to be a lot more movement and crew scheduling stress at Comair very soon, so much for the empty rumours and prospects of International flights at Comair, there might not be enough crew soon to operate even a skeleton service.

sky waiter
30th Aug 2007, 19:33
Good more movement, now if there was a way i could get my CV to the top of that pile, and then get an interview.....

Im sure the training dept will have there hands full but running out of crew? there are lots of contract dogs who would love to fly big shiny green jets with tea and coffee at the push of a button!

Deskjocky
31st Aug 2007, 10:55
All these problems seem to be affecting Comair's market share- July was the first time ever that both the BA and the Kulula brands have lost market share in the same month.

Guess who the big winner was........:suspect:

grgplanes
31st Aug 2007, 14:36
1Time seems to start hurting Kulula on JNB-GRJ. 1Time is to increase flights on the route from 6 to 9 from 28 Oct, while on the same date Kulula is to decrease flights from 18 to 16. Also Kulula is currently also sending in the 732 more often (at least 2 or 3 out of the 18 per week), while 1Time is using the MDs more than the DC9 and 732 (at least 4 of the 6).
But, Kulula would probably start HLA-GRJ flights sometime in the near future?

line-driver
31st Aug 2007, 16:52
And another factor seriously hurting the Kulula brand is the BA B732 operating as a Kulula aircraft, the Kulula brand is green, not BA colours and the complaints are many, as well as the confusion is even more when the passengers go out to a Non-Kulula aircraft.

Time to seriously look at the brand marketing ...GREEN

LittleMo
1st Sep 2007, 09:05
utter tripe line driver. What pax paying R400 or so for a ticket would complain about getting BA service, free food and free dop for the price of a Kulula ticket? Maybe there is some initial confusion when they see the a/c and perhaps wonder if they're on the right flight, but apart from that they are getting far ore bang for their buck by going on the BA plane.

unablereqnavperf
1st Sep 2007, 13:45
Line driver you mustn't be so bitter at being turned down by Comair work on your personallity and you may be luckey next time!

Goldfish Jack
3rd Sep 2007, 07:24
Nothing like some movement around the airlines

1Time lost a Capt to Comair as a F/O, so each one himself.

Heard Mango lost 1 f/o to Emirates and 3 off for interviews - so here comes more movement

ZERO3L
3rd Sep 2007, 09:53
I think the attraction for an F/O here is the opportunity of firstly getting his command sooner than at Comair:) and then be able to build command hours very quickly. With a 2 year bond, after 2 years he will have in excess of 1500 hours command and be in a position to move on if he wishes. If he were to stay at Comair, the 2 year period may pass and he could still be sitting on the right.
But, this is for the young gunners who like to fly 90 hours a month only!!

volare_737
3rd Sep 2007, 11:51
Hi there. Is there anyone here who works for 1Time. I would like to talk.