PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Integrated ATPL-Course near Barcelona

WingRaver
30th Aug 2007, 14:42
Hi there,

I'm currently looking for a good and not to expensive training possibility from zero to ATPL.

I came across alot of FTOs and my investigations showed that AirCharter-companies which also do FT can cut training costs dramatically, due to a different enterprise-structure.
While "pure" FTOs often offer prices between 70000-90000 Euros (47000-60000 Pounds), I found that there are a few companies that do the same for about 55000 euros (37000 pounds), whithout compromises in training quality (hours, aircraft, MCC...).

Strangely, these companies dont do alot of PR and dont seem to put much effort in comprehensible and accessable webpages, which makes it a bit difficult to gather info.
Anyway, I have done so and I'm prepared to share this info if requested.

I went and visited a FTO near barcelona that offers integrated ATPL-Courses for 54585 Euros (excl. lodging and board,exam fees) in Spanish and English. The name of this FTO is TopFly (www.topfly.com (http://www.topfly.com)) and makes a quite serious and professional impression (they're currently training 40 cadet pilots for AirChina).
The catch here is that they only do courses in english if theres a whole group of people requesting it (like the 40 chinese guys).

And thats where you folks come in: If we manage to gather up to a group of at least 20 or so we're in the game.

If interested, don't hesitate to ask for more info on this FTO, i've got the whole info pack.

next course starts 17th of Oktober 2007.

greets

WingRaver
2nd Sep 2007, 10:00
In the mean time I read their info thoroughly and came to the conclusion that their offer isn't exactly what I was looking for.

It doesn't include the PPL (Which would still be quite reasonable in total, about 62000 Euros), which adds another 6 months to the programme to a total of 26 months! Thats to long for me considering other FTOs do the same in about 15-18 months.

regards

Blinkz
2nd Sep 2007, 10:13
thats not how integrated courses work. You don't do a PPL with integrated. By the sound of it this school is trying to pass off a one-stop modular course as integrated which is just not the case.

redout
2nd Sep 2007, 13:57
yes integrated courses are exempt from doing the PPL. They go straight to the CPL/IR. Only modular guys will do the PPL or integrated guys who done a PPL before they started there integrated course.

G-HALE
2nd Sep 2007, 14:03
European Aviation training(Aeromadrid) in madrid offer the best and cheapest Intergrated training when compared to Jerez and oxford for example. I mean where else can you pay €86,000 and get over 170hrs in aeroplanes and over 135 hourse in sims of which 32 hours is done on a full motion A-320 for the MCC training. :ok:

BClouds
2nd Sep 2007, 14:14
Does Topfly offer an ATPL (integrated) course?

If yes, is there an entrance exam?

BeautifulClouds

redout
2nd Sep 2007, 14:42
I would not agree with the aeromadrid option. I will point you to a post made yesterday from DC-8.

DC-8
Over 150 posts! About time I clicked here and ordered a Personal Title.

"Apart from FTE and Adventia I would recommend Gestair Flying Academy. From my point of view Aeromadrid is not a good choice at the moment. It used to be one of the best flight schools in Spain, however, is having very bad economical and management problems at the moment. Almost 90% of the fleet is U/S and they had a fatal accident some weeks ago."

If you have the money and want to go integrated then go either OAT, FTE or Cabair. If you are on a budget and want cheap fast service then go to the likes of EFT, NAC or OBA in Florida.

WingRaver
2nd Sep 2007, 16:32
@BClouds

An entry-exam was never mentioned, neither in the info-pack I received, nor when I talked personally to the receptionist (ok, hes just the receptionist but the comission-guys where on holyday).

gz