PDA

View Full Version : Cargolux

Hot and High
24th Jan 2001, 20:41
I would be grateful for any information about Cargolux, what it is like to fly for, where one can be based and what are the entry requirements/selection process, pay/conditions and command prospects like. Many Thanks !

lothar mathäus
29th Jan 2001, 17:23
hi hot and high,
i recently passed the enry test/interview,
so i can give you some information about the
procedure:
part 1 is an interview with 2 guys from fligt ops,very friendly and without any tests. if they like you,and i mean that literally,you are ready for
part 2: a german doctor/shrink developed a
customized test for clx.the test is held up in front of a computer screen,basic stuff like completing rows of numbers/letters.i would recommend you buying a standard test book,i used HESSE/SCHRADER, TESTTRAINING 2000,and i think it helped me a lot.(the book is in german,but so is the doctor...)
since i have not started yet, i cant tell you anything about the rosters first hand,but i heard something between 11 and 14 off days,5-600 hrs/year,salary incl. everything and after tax(which is only 10%)average 7-8500 DM/month(about 4000 $)
cheers

cb_35
2nd Feb 2001, 14:21
Hi Lothar!

I am also using the Hesse/Schrader Book
for my test prep at Cargolux. But since
the book has over 400 pages and my time is
limited I would be very grateful if you
could give me some specific info on the tests
that I should prepare.You can also send me
an Email if you want. Thanks CB_35

lothar mathäus
7th Feb 2001, 04:01
I dont have the book any more,but what i recall is:

- test with similar letters,I think it was d,b and q , and you have to mark them in a text
- several tests which requires you to end a row, like aa bb aaa and so on
- memorytest: they show you different signs/letters/numbers one after the other,and you have to tell when they show you the same sign again(after a while of course)
whats not in the book:
- in front of you a keyboard with 3 or 4 coloured keys to confirm coloured signs on the screen,two keys to confirm 2 different accoustic tones,pedals left/right at the floor to confirm l/r sign on the screen.
this test is hard,because the speed of the signals is increasing.
good luck!!

Jumboman
12th Feb 2001, 00:41
Guys:

Don't inflate the figures:

LUX taxes single: max 39%, married: ~28%

F/O Take-Home Year2 = ~120000 LUF = 6000,- DM

+ PerDiem ($4/Hr) = avg $1100,- per month.

That's the truth and any higher figures are lies! The first year is even less!

Happy Landings.