PDA

View Full Version : Training Manual For Hs748

GULF69
30th Aug 2007, 12:17
Hi Guys and Gals,

Anyone know where i can get hold of a HS748 training manual online, and if you can even get it online?

Many thanks

George Tower
31st Aug 2007, 07:11
Hi there

Perhaps you should try to call BAE - their number: +44 (0) 161 955 4058

That's their training facility at Woodford, Manchester.

Best rgds

GT

GULF69
31st Aug 2007, 08:28
Thanks GT!

Solid Rust Twotter
31st Aug 2007, 09:21
Stars Away?

Berryman Sahib should also have some course material but it's a bound volume, not online. Doubtful an online copy exists.

cavortingcheetah
31st Aug 2007, 10:04
:hmm:
On line? No. I fear not.
Which training manual did you mean?
Associated with the HS 748 and as part of the BAES course, there was a Rolls Royce Dart training manual. (Not the engineer manual).
A BAES Technical Training Manual.
A Flight Training Manual, usually specific to an airline.
Also in existence:
SAA flight profile booklet.
With regard to technical material; at the moment BAES are trying to located their HS 748s in Canada and South Africa. This has come about primarily because they are still sending out manuals and maintainance updates to the last known address of any 748 operator or provider, From next year, sometime, all will indeed be going on line. BAES are trying to reconcile operators with up to date information. Kevin Smith, more on him below, knows about this.
If you want technical training information on the HS 748 you should e mail your precise requirements to.
[email protected]
You could also telepone Kevin Smith at BAES Prestwick, which is where the publications department is now based. His number is 01292 675000.
If you want flight training manuals and profiles and you are in South Africa, your best bet is probably to contact either an old SAA 748 skipper or a BopAir pilot. The BopAir 748, XGE, I think it was, had a few modifications for the American FAA certification, specifically a revamped and much superior fuel system.
The TAC at FAGM may well be a good place to start for information on older pilots. Safair might well have a training manual knocking around and of course
there used to be a chap who worked at the tower in Lanseria whose father was the CP at BopAir.
Hope that helps a bit. Fabulous aeroplane!:)

rajv
9th Sep 2010, 05:11
Hi guys

Any one has any info on how to get Type rating on Hawker Siddeley HS 748 , any info will be help full .

thanks

Sir Osis of the river
9th Sep 2010, 08:05
Wasn't XGE Transkei Airways?

wilford@global
14th Sep 2010, 07:32
Gulf,if you have'nt got one yet, then give me a call on 0834568188

GULF69
14th Sep 2010, 11:14
thanks Wilford, came right a while ago!

Thanks again!