PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Jet....

tomahaw
30th Aug 2007, 11:01
I would like to know opinions about this company. They offers TR and hours on type.
It seems very good oportunity (if you have enough money of course).
Thanks. Adios.:ok:

boogie-nicey
30th Aug 2007, 13:22
There are numerous threads on this topic from the past. One word of caution is that not all things are as rosy as they might appear at first sight. This is especially true of EagleJet, sometimes there are instances where 'observation' flights are the norm and you're not sitting in the RHS during a flight! Others are combinations of the 2 where you do some RHS flying and some observing, etc resulting in fewer hours per month. At that rate it will take you far longer to complete the alloted hours and also struggle throughout without on proficiency.

From what I gather the Airbus programs are the ones you need to get into. Ryanair has an ocean of Boeing 737 pilots with hundreds of hours ready to move onto other airlines. Therefore getting eaglejet time on a Boeing isn't as lucrative as Airbus time at the (moment).

mrmach
1st Sep 2007, 12:51
As I know, They don't offer TRs.

boogie-nicey
3rd Sep 2007, 09:08
Mrmach is correct, eaglejet don't offer Type Ratings but there are more than enough providers out there offering Boeing/Airbus Type Ratings anyway.

Turkish777
4th Sep 2007, 17:19
I have just finished a TR at Randhem Aviation on the B737NG. I am also considering Eagle Jet if I dont have any luck over the next few months. Ive noticed they have dropped their prices again which says something about the industry...

You might want to consider Randhem for the TR, its a reasonable price. The SIM sessions are carried out at SAS in Stockholm (Same place as FR use) except its cheaper than there price.

boogie-nicey
5th Sep 2007, 09:07
One of the reasons that Eaglejet have reduced their price for the 737 programs is simply because of demand. They have to furnish an airline(s) with candidates on a regular basis and therefore need to get a constant supply of candidates. They achieve this by lowering the price but beware there are also alot of other 300hr/500hr pilots from Ryanair that are hoping to leave for a new airline. With this in mind you must THINK carefully about it, the value of the B737 at present is reduced but certainly not irrelevant comapred to the airbus program which possesses a greater value at present. If memory serves me correct there was a recent thread regarding the lack of hours per month wannabes were receiving half of which 'appeared' to be observation. Thus the hours build up very slowly and means staying on the porgram and working for free far longer than some of you may have previously envisaged with a subsequent strain on finances. Nevertheless it's still a GOOD PROGRAM so don't be put off by any of comments, simply bear them in mind as you go forward.

Please tread carefully things aren't always as simple as they seem. Best of luck. :ok:

Turkish777
5th Sep 2007, 13:14
Yep understood mate, hopefully it wont come to paying for line training anyway..here's a man which was, and still am against paying for ratings but its amazing what you do when your're between a rock and a hard plate...

I think line training is the biggest piss take, paying someone to fly their aircraft for free, its insane and when you tell someone outside of aviation they listen to you in disbelief. (as you probably know) I understand you have a safety pilot with you which is not generating any money for the company but even so you would have thought they may foot the bill for your accommodation.

Is there any job offers at the end of the 300 hours do you know? And Eagle said to me its 4-6 weeks SOP's etc then 60-70 hours per month so im assuming you will need another 4000K on top??..just a guess..

And re Ryan Air, if pilots leave Ryan Air surely the holes have got to be filled in there..just a bit of juggling on the food chain Im assuming...

boogie-nicey
5th Sep 2007, 14:19
Lets hope so Turkish777, I guess the whole of aviation is one big juggling act ;) Anyway congratulations on your recent Type Rating !

Mach44
5th Sep 2007, 21:13
Are there any other companies other than EagleJet and Bond Aviation that do a hours scheme?

(just a general wondering)

boogie-nicey
6th Sep 2007, 09:28
A few of the recruitment companies have attempted to cash in on the desperation of wannabes by providing Type rating training along with a fistful of hours during the peak season with some carrier.

I think Sigma do it, along with Rishworth (alot of India placements), Parc Aviation, etc. Though this commentary is purely generic and don't claim to have any specific knowledge of these schemes.

If you want to do some hour building then why not just go for a relatively cheap turbo prop program from Eaglejet. Then you'd have a lot multi engine time which isn't bad at all and could get you considered for an airline and maybe , just maybe they'd pay for the Type Rating along with that novelty .... the salary. :O

Good luck my friend .....

first_solo
20th Sep 2007, 09:56
Is there anybody here who did the Eaglejet 737 NG 300hr or 500hr program and can tell us how long it took before finishing the whole program??

rayward
25th Sep 2007, 17:09
Any one have done the piper Navajo program? I´m very interested on doing it so I can build some muli time!!

dartagnan
26th Sep 2007, 17:32
I have met a guy who told me eaglejet is an honest company.

I asked how much he paid -"50'000 euro with t/r and line training".
I asked him how many hour he flies -"10-15 hours/month"

honest???:confused:

anyway, I have 2-3 interviews coming up, and none ask me to pay for line training.

so instead to pay a fortune in line training, why don't you keep your money?, take a flight ticket, and see the airlines.

don't pay these money suckers !!!be a real pilot!

yasha6469
28th Sep 2007, 08:33
I'm thinking about doing the Eagle Jet B737 LT program, but all I read are bad comments. Is there anyone that completed their block hrs that can give an honest comment. I was told that I would complete 300 hrs in 6mths. Need to be absolutely sure it's a valid program before living in a foreign country with no income.

rayward
3rd Oct 2007, 16:45
Do not, I repeat do not go or talk to Eagle Jet, They have Mr. sweet talker will talk to you forever about how easy things can and will be!!!!! nothing but bull. Please chk. on Eagle's records with the better business bureau in Florida (poor), Ameriflight in Burbank (poor). He will and will tell you all that you need is your commercial sngl./multi and inst. to start training, till you pay and please (read the very fine prints on the contract) with Ameriflight......things will go down from there, Indoc is good (instructors are dull, dry unpleasent, rough and unfriendly surroundings, you are not a hired captain and you will be looked at very diffrently and for sure will not be treated the same. Your sim time will be the worest to start, it's always the hired captains and then you, go home and will call you, sorry we do not have an aircraft for you today come back after a month, phone calles never returned till a week or 10-days past, training captains think they are God's gift to Aviation, Managers or even people around will not say hello or good morning ( very dry place), you start flying and that is if you pass their sim training...and they expect you to know the aircraft in and out in a very limited time (now that you paid your money) they will ask you for more cause you need more time in the sim (start at $90 hr and up), now if you pass, prepare for another period of delays cause you are not that important to them and always looked down to, if you can not fininsh the airplane training in time (5-hr's) good luck, Eaglejet will tell you to read the contract first before you contact them that means you do now have to pay the extra training hours!!!!!! trust me they will delay you every singl time and will never have a back to back training that may help out in your progress.....you have to pay if you want to fininsh one day, be ready to fininsh training in min 5 month to 1-year, people have tried to get their money back but failed and gave up the whole thing and left with broken dreams and pokets. I know for a fact that ameriflight in so many law suits at the moment and soon a friend of mine is going to court for the same reasons, he called an attorney randomley about his case (Aviation lawyer) and the said they know about ameriflight and the lawsuits happening for the past 10-years at least.....Eagle jet and Ameriflight screw people specially new flight instructors, or comercial like yourself that want to gain more experience and quality of flying that can help them advance their aviation career, well that is not the case most or %90 of the time, their money come from foriengers who have the money some how and paid for it in full, they can not speak good english and they do not know how to fight back being in america now and provided a visa to stay and fly and if they shut up and pay some more hopefully they will be given the flight hours they promised...trust me I have met people, taught people who have been to Ameriflight thru eagle and they can not speak english right, they could not communicat in the radio and could not hold hdg. and alt. let alone fly a complex multi engine in a demanding cargo ops. chk. in their safety hsitory (very poor), my advice is to tough it out and flight instruct, save your money, ATP is a hundred time better place than eaglejet or ameriflight, you go to ameriflight when you ready to negotiate how much money they will pay you to work for them once you have the hours required and then you still do not need to go to a bad managed lower class pilots they think theY are IT, you have to have a very thick skin to deal with such managment and un-pleasant environment. Good luck to ya, hope this helped. I'm glad you asked around, this might save you from the worest experience in your avaition career. stick with the basics, and if money is no object go to a better known name and have them gurantee your completion time, and be real to yourself, can you master an aircraft that comlex in 5-hours? if yes then you do not need ameriflight nor eagle jet, ameriflight's newley hired captains and this quote is from their captains themself's require at least 20-30-hr's of training!!!!!!!!! to start flying the route and not solo either ( they fly with another capatin till they get it right), now you think you paid money to learn the basics and then learn more on line!! NO, THAT WILL NOT BE THE CASE, IF YOU QUIT, THEN NOT EVEN PARTIAL PAYMENT IS GOOD FOR YOU. you will be discouraged to quit so many times, and they are sure that you will give -up and go. Be carefull and good luck.

dartagnan
3rd Oct 2007, 22:22
I can not agree more!

sure, they will give you an hard life. Like working in the middle of the night, loading planes (and you pay for that) and being on call 24/24.
If you leave, good for them, they keep your cash.

and , you are not a US citizen, you are just an illegal foreigner under an illegal M1 visa student treated like a slave, and you are breaking the FAA rules and immigration laws cuz you work in a PART135 operation under an M1 student visa.If you have an accident or any incident, they can send you to jail or face deportation with a 10 years ban. So now, how smart do you feel when an employer in Europe will ask you if you can travel worldwide.

if you are sick, or have an accident, no one will help you. They will fire you, and as you are only a student, you have no governmental help of any kind and you have not even the right to sue your employer as the contract is probably a messed up between authorities, eaglejet, and the company for who you fly.
So now try to figure out, who you are going to sue, and who is going to pay for your attorney fees.

I can go long on this (like the FAA have tried to shut down Eaglejet, but for a reason I don't know, they are still conducting their rip-off business and this is why they are not involved in part 121 operation) ,I have seen too many friends totally broke .Each time I see an European guy telling me how great eaglejet is ,to finish totally %$#% (paying to play, not having a salary and no real futur if not in jail yet) I think some of you need to stop smoking pot and come back to reality !

and btw, I have an interview tomorrow in Europe(and 2 others coming up soon), and they didn't ask me one penny!
to let you know, that' s better to keep your money for interviews than paying to play!

boogie-nicey
5th Oct 2007, 09:36
I don't think it others that "need to stop smoking pot and come back to reality", it's probably you Dartagnan. How can you go around associating jail terms with an Eaglejet program. Any pilot conducting professional operations is exposed to prosecution from the authorities or any third parties.

The only viable issue with Eaglejet is the pay to work factor versus the job likelihood at the other end of the tunnel.

It's silly to deflect people's attentions on jail, it's not exclusive to Eaglejet it can befall any of us at any point.