PDA

View Full Version : Air Zimbabwe

Shamrock274
30th Aug 2007, 10:19
- Does anyone have any information about doing ATPL with Air Zimbabwe/Charles Prince Airport Trainning School?
- WHat the training school is like? quality of trainning? what and how many aircraft they have? Class size? . . etc
- I heard all you needed was a CPL and Air Zim takes care of the rest? is this true?

I alo thouht since Inflation rate very high in Zimbabwe etc, i thought the American Dollar/British Pound might go a long way.:\

Thanks for taking the time to read thanks

michaelknight
30th Aug 2007, 10:25
I was in Zim back in 98-99. I would have entertained this thread back then but now, come on you must be nuts. The country is in a mess, how do you think you could survive there?

Also if you get a Zim licence it will be an ICAO licence, so not much use in the US or Europe.

MK

chusan01
30th Aug 2007, 11:19
You must be totally nuts!

Mach086
30th Aug 2007, 12:56
Air Zimbabwe? Why don't you do your training in a more secure place. LIke doing your ATPL in Basra Iraq. Failing that, Kabul Flight school in Afganistan could be a second option.

Luke SkyToddler
30th Aug 2007, 13:02
:eek::eek:

I can't believe someone is sitting here thinking that they are going to learn to fly in ZIMBABWE??!! Asking about 'class sizes' at the local flying school??!! Dude can can I have some of what you've been smoking, it must be some goooood sheeeiit!

In case you have been living under a stone the last 5 years, the country is trashed, it is in total collapse. Prices are going up by multiple thousands of percent every week and there's still nothing to buy. The economy is no longer functioning, Mugabe's army boys are raping and stealing and beating up and murdering people in their thousands and every news analyst says full on civil war will be happening in the next few weeks. It is total anarchy, thousands of people are predicted to die of starvation soon.

And you seriously think you're going to rock up there, some rich westerner with more money in your pocket than these starving locals could ever dream of earning in 1000 years, no police to protect you because they are the boys doing all the looting and pillaging, and rent yourself some nice little flat for a year or so and stooge around in some Cessna doing your pilot's licence training. Come on man think about it :hmm:

Shamrock274
30th Aug 2007, 15:01

Thank you for your prompt responses but is this totally necessary:mad:.

I dont know the true situation of the country, thats why I am asking (hint:rolleyes::rolleyes:, hint :rolleyes::rolleyes::p), if i knew i woudnt ask.

A mate from Zambia, suggested this and so im asking as a wider part of my research. Im sure its possible to give feed back without hostility. Once again, i thank you for your imput, minus the hostility:D

Peter Plane
30th Aug 2007, 15:15
Hey man I havent heard of Air Zim Doing ATPL Before,,

Where did you get the info from,,

Besides there being no food in the shops,, you might have a prob getting fuel to get to the airport ,, charles prince is a little way out the city

If you know people there it would be a good option for building hrs ,,,

Looking At £ 50 /hr C172 and you can have the airspace to yourself,,

windriver
30th Aug 2007, 16:21
Suggest a visit to http://www.airzimbabwe.aero/ for a link

You might also find their Civil Aviation Authority Website entertaining and informative. http://www.caaz.co.zw/

You can form your own opinions then.

Personally though I agree with the other respondents that you'd probably have to be a small square or hexagonal metal block with internal screw thread to be fitted onto a bolt to consider training there.

redout
30th Aug 2007, 21:55
I totally agree with what has been told to you already in this post, you would need to be off your rocker to even contemplate going there. Here's a heads up for you from wikipedia.

"The Mugabe administration has been criticized around the world for corruption, suppression of political opposition, mishandling of land reform, economic mismanagement, and deteriorating human rights in Zimbabwe. According to most analysts his administration's policies have led to economic collapse and massive starvation over the course of the last ten years. Zimbabwe has the highest inflation rate in the world[3] expected to hit 1.5 million% by the end of the year,[4] and is, according to the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Africa's worst economic performer.[5] With a record 85% unemployment and ~5000% interest rates,[6][7] Zimbabwe is in its worst economic crisis since Mugabe took power.[8] His government has been label as racist by both British Foreign Office,[9] and Zimbabwe's Roman Catholic bishops"

Baboon Boy
30th Aug 2007, 22:31
Id do it man!

Have just watched the film "last king of Scotland", u know, the one about the scottish doctor who goes out to Uganda, and ends up being personal physician and eventially close advisor to idi Amin, the ugandan dictator.

The same thing could happen to you! u could end up being Mugabe's personal pilot! with all the power it entails. I can think of worst things to be than close friend and personal pilot to an influentual african dictator. What an adventure.:O

chusan01
1st Sep 2007, 02:11

I totally agree with what has been told to you already in this post, you would need to be off your rocker to even contemplate going there. Here's a heads up for you from wikipedia.

"The Mugabe administration has been criticized around the world for corruption, suppression of political opposition, mishandling of land reform, economic mismanagement, and deteriorating human rights in Zimbabwe. According to most analysts his administration's policies have led to economic collapse and massive starvation over the course of the last ten years. Zimbabwe has the highest inflation rate in the world[3] expected to hit 1.5 million% by the end of the year,[4] and is, according to the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa, Africa's worst economic performer.[5] With a record 85% unemployment and ~5000% interest rates,[6][7] Zimbabwe is in its worst economic crisis since Mugabe took power.[8] His government has been label as racist by both British Foreign Office,[9] and Zimbabwe's Roman Catholic bishops"

Other than those little problems. it's a great fun place to be - has some wonderful Scotch-Carts, Zimbabwe's High-Tech answer to the automobile.........:8:8:8:8