PDA

View Full Version : 51 Sqn Gunner Killed in Afghanistan

c-bert
30th Aug 2007, 09:52
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6970208.stm

An RAF serviceman has been killed in an explosion in Afghanistan, the Ministry of Defence has said.
A gunner from 51 Squadron was killed in Kandahar province, southern Afghanistan, shortly after midnight local time (2030 BST).

Personnel from the squadron were on a routine security patrol when one of its vehicles was caught in an explosion.

Next of kin have been informed, but he is not expected to be named for 24 hours. Two other servicemen were hurt.

A civilian interpreter was also killed in the blast during the patrol around Kandahar airfield, the main hub for British forces flying in and out of southern Afghanistan.

The two other wounded servicemen are said to have minor injuries.

Rheinstorff
30th Aug 2007, 10:54
RIP Gunner.

Another brave boy who gave his life going in harm's way in order that others could operate in safety.

Per Ardua.

Brian Dixon
30th Aug 2007, 11:06
Very sad news.

RIP, and condolences to his family, friends and colleagues.

Per Ardua
Brian

Al R
30th Aug 2007, 11:11
Rest in peace mate, whoever you are, my thoughts are with your loved ones and mates. It sounds crass, but I wish so much that I could take some of their grief. Those who serve us pay a huge price.

Per Ardua, and God bless.

Al

scribbler614
30th Aug 2007, 11:24
Sincere condolences. RIP.
And appreciation to all his mates who put themselves in harm's way to guard airstrips out there.

Tappers Dad
30th Aug 2007, 12:15
Another life lost and another knock at the door.

Please pass our families condolences to his family,friends and colleagues.

http://www.benknight.co.uk/images/praying.jpg

Never Alert
30th Aug 2007, 13:56
RIP mate.

Condolences to familes & the RAF Regt, you guys are taking a hammering at the moment and my heart goes out to you all.

Per Ardua.

wokkameister
30th Aug 2007, 15:07
RIP.

Sincerest condolences from within the theatre.

WM

WE Branch Fanatic
30th Aug 2007, 15:16
Awful news. RIP Gunner.

Rocket Chucker
30th Aug 2007, 15:42
RIP mate. Job done, stand down.

Deepest sympathy to the family and loved ones. Our thoughts and prayers are with those guys on 51 who are still out there and indeed all of our people who remain in harms way. Safe home.

Celeriter Defendere.

Per Ardua.

Jerry Can
30th Aug 2007, 16:17
RIP. Our thoughts and condolences go out to all his friends, family and colleagues.

51 looked after us in the sandpit over New Year 04/05 and did a sterling job.

Yet another sad day, becoming too commonplace now.

JC and family.

Rehan K.Janjua
30th Aug 2007, 16:20
Sad Indeed.

A war not worth fighting for.

Dogwatch
30th Aug 2007, 16:26
Rest Easy Fella, Condolences to family and friends.

theotherhalf
30th Aug 2007, 17:55
Rest in Peace. Your courage knows no boundaries. God Bless and keep you safe.

Squirrel 41
30th Aug 2007, 19:11
RIP Mate - thoughts with your family at this dreadful time. You guys get a lot of banter but not often the credit you deserve.

Per Adua

S41

barnstormer1968
30th Aug 2007, 20:00
I may have worked for the firm that wore green, but I fully recognise another professional. It galls me to hear of the loss of one of the "creme de la creme".
Rest in peace (and respect). These blokes (and girls nowadays) are true warriors, and are at last getting the respect they deserve.
May your god grant you peace. And condolences to your family.
From the comfort of my PC chair, my respect and gratitude is all I have to offer. Please accept it from my heart. Keep up the sterling and courageous work folks. Even in this cynical country we live in, there are still many who have massive admiration for your efforts, and achievement.

Barnstormer1968

Guzlin Adnams
30th Aug 2007, 21:01
I'm not the sort of chap who goes to Church very often but I'll say a prayer for him, his family, friends and colleagues tonight.
I'll never be able to shake your hand my friend. Rest in peace.

woptb
30th Aug 2007, 23:37
Rip Mate,
My thoughts go out to those who loved you .

Per Ardua.

moggiee
31st Aug 2007, 10:10
RIP old chap.

Another needless death, which leaves me saddened and angry.

Shack37
31st Aug 2007, 11:03
RIP
Condolences to family, friends and 51.

Ad Astra

s37

Tigs2
31st Aug 2007, 12:47
Condolences to the family. RIP young Gunner.

Eckster
31st Aug 2007, 13:45
Condolences from all at 216 Sqn. We rely on the RAF Regt for clearing the area around the airfield at Kandahar so we can get the troops in and out safely.

Regards

The Burning Bush
31st Aug 2007, 18:48
RIP

Per Ardua

Always a Sapper
1st Sep 2007, 00:31
RIP Lad, as always thoughts are with family and friends

chappie
1st Sep 2007, 08:11
RIP.

there are no words that i can offer to ease the pain and suffering that is being felt by families and friends and regiment, all i can offer is an empathy and a shoulder. :sad:

another young man having a cold beer in the big bar in the sky.

you will not be forgotten.

Ned Kelley
1st Sep 2007, 10:57
As an ex Rock, I send my condolances to all those Rocks that have been killed recently, and my thoughts are with all they guys out in harms way.