PDA

View Full Version : Info req'd: Nigeria

MungoP
30th Aug 2007, 09:11
trying to arrange for some work to be carried out in Nigeria... need a base with Jet A1 available... anyone out there know if either Makurdi ( believe military ) or Jalingo have Jet A1 available ?... or if there are any other airfields in same areas with fuel ? Many thanks

freefly_rulz
31st Aug 2007, 15:33
Hey MungoP

The best place nearby for use in the Makurdi area is Enugu. Nice big runway, good facilities, and a Protea Hotel run by a South African there... great place to stay.... just an absolutely useless pair of ATC's there... Operated out of there for three months.
Hope it helps

ZAZOO
31st Aug 2007, 19:40
Hi,

You should have JETA1 in those airports. Will check it out and reply You.

Zaz

MungoP
1st Sep 2007, 03:47
Thanks to both... :D

Localiser Established
1st Sep 2007, 20:24
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6972468.stm

"This follows the army's seizure of a truckload of jet fuel in a forest outside the city of Buba on Thursday."

"The fuel found near Buba was enough to fill a mid-sized Gulfstream jet tank twice."

;)

Revnetwork
2nd Sep 2007, 00:40
Localiser Established,
Unless you've got your tongue firmly in cheek, these are 2 very different countries.

anjouan
2nd Sep 2007, 11:27
Mungo,

Last time I was in Jalingo and Enugu I had to arrange my own fuel in drums. Zaz can probably find out from his fixed wing friends, or the other way would be just to phone the airport and ask. The numbers are available in the Nigerian AIP.