PDA

View Full Version : French Taxes

Flying Falcon
26th Jan 2001, 03:15
Is it true that pilots who live in France have special concessions when it comes to paying tax?
If so, is this just for long haul pilots who claim to live out of the country for a large part of the year?

justinzider
27th Jan 2001, 23:15
They are regarded as "artistes" and as such only have to pat 5% tax. If you work for a UK co and opt to pay tax in France at this rate you will still be liable to UK tax unles you spend less than 270 days in the UK over a 3 year period.

If you commute to the UK and then go abroad on a long haul trip the day into and the day out either side of the trip are not taken from your 90 days per year.

Commuting to do short haul would be too much bother, especially with disruption levels at LHR.

The other option is to take your pension to France where if you only pay 5% then it's like not retiring with no drop in the old disposable. Their wine's better too!

Good luck, any money not going to Gordon is great news.

Justin.

Good

Flying Falcon
17th Mar 2001, 02:45
Thanks justinzider

have only just got back to my computer and am grateful for the reply.
Enjoy the wine!

Few Cloudy
17th Mar 2001, 13:26
Is that figure a rumour or really up to date and true please?

thegirth
17th Mar 2001, 17:38
True and up to date.

Captain Haddock
17th Mar 2001, 22:20
Possibly not quite true and up to date; seem to remember the BALPA log saying in future the arrival and departure days to the UK will count as days in the UK. See Oct/nov?

foghorn
18th Mar 2001, 03:33
What a wonderful tax system - some people get to pay 76% while others pay 5%.

Take the opportunity while it's there :)

neil armstrong
20th Mar 2001, 17:27
I'm looking to move country's!
What is the situation on the other taxes?? 5% is good but do they get you back some other way.
Thanks

Neil
PS
what is the best part of France to have a place,so i can find out or DHL is flying there