PDA

View Full Version : Flying instructing in India

FlyingGasMain
29th Aug 2007, 20:23
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if flight schools in India ever employ Europeans with JAR licenses ? I've worked in India before briefly and thought it would be a pretty interesting place to instruct. I started looking at a school in Bangalore on the web, but there wasn't too much information.

thanks

FGM

haree
30th Aug 2007, 06:33
Hi FGM

The Bangalore Flying club ( Jakkur ) has been non operational for over a year now.. since the Chief Instructor left for another flying club. There had always been some open politics and some people are happy with the club closed.

There are some new flight schools opening around bangalore and they are badly in need of qualified instructors but im not sure how the immigration policies work

You can send a mail to [email protected] for information

Thanks
haree

Always Moving
30th Aug 2007, 09:13
I am interested also!

Can you guys share the info instead of PM?

Long ago the Bombay flying club was looking.

FlyingGasMain
30th Aug 2007, 10:26
Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like it might be worth following up. When I worked in India before I think I had a 6 month or a year visa.

Pushpak
30th Aug 2007, 10:35
All the flying clubs are very short of instructors infact some are closed because non are available, the main problem is the low pay, to make matters worse its the bloody bureaucracy and the flying club politics. If you start from right up north Amritsar, Ludhiana, Jullandher, Pinjore, Hissar, HPFC, Ambar in Pantnagar...the list goes on, all are non operational due lack of instructors and other big joke is there is one flying club to an airfield.

mingalababya
30th Aug 2007, 11:29
I came across this website sometime ago. Ahmedabad Aviation and Aeronautics (http://www.aaa.co.in/index.html). If you get a reply after contacting them, do let us know what they say about their pay and conditions. :) Good luck!

http://www.aaa.co.in/aviation_career.html

haree
31st Aug 2007, 06:38
Flight instructors getting low pay is a thing of the past. Flying schools in india are offering upto 2 lakhs per month for a CFI 1 Lakh for a PII / Sr FI and about 60K for FI and 45K for AFI which in some cases is with a free instructor rating!
Haree

Pushpak
31st Aug 2007, 08:36
Haree good to hear that the pay scale has gone up by that much..and why not, hope its boom time for general aviation once again and the flying clubs come to the same old glory.

haree
6th Sep 2007, 07:11
Title Career in Airlines with Orient Flight School in Chennai as Pilots
Company Name Orient Flight School
City Chennai
Company Profile/Job Description

Orient Flight School Requires for its operation at Pondicherry / Chennai

PILOTS
Total minimum hours 2000, with atleast 500 hrs on jet / Turboprop aircraft with valid indian ATPL/FRTO, Medical & Passport.

KINGAIR-C90A
Total minimum hours 1000, with atleast 100 hrs of command on type. Valid Indian CPL/FRTO, Medical & Passport. CPL holders / Retired Air force jet pilots may also apply

FLIGHT INSTRUCTORS
Current CPL holder with IR/FIR/AFIR. Those endorsed with Multi-Engine (KingAirC90A, Piper Seneca) will be preferred. Salary 1.5 Lakhs per month.:eek:

GROUND INSTRUCTORS
Qualified Flight Instructor / Qualified Navigation Instructor from the Armed Forces / Examiners / Qualified Pilots having Instructional experience may apply. Retired or medically grounded Pilots / Instructors will also be considered for the post with high degree of proficiency to teach the following subjects: Air Regulation, Meteorology, Navigation, Radio Telephony and Technical.

Director
Orient Flight School
No.40, G.S.T. Road,St.
Thomas Mount,
Chennai-600016.
Email: [email protected]

Email Resume [email protected]

flytoo
6th Sep 2007, 13:18
Hello,

CFI FAA wanted in India.
DA 40/42 aircrafts
www.unitedaviation.in

Good flying!:ok:

Flytoo

Airplane Crazy
12th Sep 2007, 05:44
I'm an FAA CFI currently flight instructing in Los Angeles CA. My visa expires in February. I'm from Bangladesh. I lived in bangladesh till I was 18 and I visited India many many times. If I have to go back to that part of the world again I think I'd rather shoot myself.

So you guys don't get all exicted about 1.5 lacks. Things in that part of the world is pretty screwed up. Even at worrest you are better of in the western parts of the world than being down there unless you really just don't care about the quality of life style. There you might weak up in a 5 star hotel, but in the morning when you get up and go outside you might just see you cow, Camel or goat taking a bigoo crap in front of your hotel. Now some of you might enjoy watching this since you are not used to seeing stuff like that. I don't know :=