PDA

View Full Version : Emirates base in South Africa

REO
29th Aug 2007, 08:34
Does anybody know if there is any truth to the rumour, that Emirates might open a base in South Africa?

I think that the rumour started after Emirates was granted another 38 freq. per week, over an above the existing 18 freq. per week that they already have.

If so, I think they might have a mad rush of qualified guys applying!!!

Capt Roo
29th Aug 2007, 09:42
Love the rumour.

Emirates also got 35 more flights a week to Australia but no signs of any new frequencies.

They could easily open a base here. Not many of us would leave for the Middle east, but fly a shiny new plane and live in Aus - sweet.

helen-damnation
29th Aug 2007, 15:39
Dream on Capt Roo :eek:

There are several hundred Oz Mates here who would mow you down in the rush, not to mention the others who would fancy trying the lifestyle. :cool:

The rumour last year , just to add to the others, was that you would have to do 7 years in company to be fully Emiratesed :{ before you could get a base move. That rumour proved to be a dud as well :*.

Keep dream discovering :uhoh:

Payscale
30th Aug 2007, 15:43
Basing rumours come up every now and then. London, Auckland, Sydney..and now Jo'burg. Thing is, that will only happen when, not even throwing money at us works any more, and that not anytime soon. There will always be pilots for Emirates. Only alot more have to be screened before the right guys are found. They still have the option to decrease the hours, accept turbo prop drivers and give english lessons to newjoiners :rolleyes: or brazilian lessons to the rest of us...Buenaz Diaz Gonzales, Yo quero Taco Bell...never mind:O

unablereqnavperf
1st Sep 2007, 13:32
New alpine ski centre to open in the Kalahari dessert!

As the effects of global cooling are causing plumetting tempretures in hell!

First baby born to a man !

and so they go on!

Aspen20
20th Sep 2007, 08:29
Read the Asian thread. While TC in charge hell will freeze over first:}
If you went to EK because of the crime etc. what the f:mad: would you want to come back for.:ugh:

Pitbull747
31st Dec 2007, 07:29
Man, you're really out of the loop!! I happen to have flown with many Brazilan F.O's and they turn out to be very good professionals And many of them with a very high level of English. For your personal info, Buenos Dias and Yo quiero Taco Bell are Spanish words and Brazil is the only Portuguese speaking country in south america. Believe it or not, A totally different language. Further, I've flown with pretty big OZ< EUR, US srew ups.
cheers.

correamd11
2nd Jan 2008, 13:19
And just to complete... Basing will NEVER EVER come while within our group exist short-sighted and narrow-minded people who call themselves "the right guys"...:ugh:
Go back to where you belong, we do not need this kind of mentality here.

atpcliff
24th Jan 2008, 02:00
Hi!

There's been rumours of US basing, also.

cliff
KYIP