PDA

View Full Version : Maersk F/O Recruitment

Funky Munky
24th Jan 2001, 12:48
Re the advert in this weeks Flt Intl for "Jet First Officers" on the 737-500 & CJR 200.

Assuming I get that far does anyone have any info on the Maersk selection procedure, (sim trips, psychometric tests, or technical questioning), or is it more of a friendly chat variety?

Also can anyone tell me what they're like to work for, payscales, rostering, etc etc?

Cheers and remenber - What goes up must come down, one way or another!

185 Lbs of Ballast!!
28th Jan 2001, 16:25
Hey Funky,

I went along a couple of years ago now. I collated a lot of data on the coy. and the selection proc. If you e-mail me I'll send you what I have.

buffet
30th Jan 2001, 15:15
Maersk are in negotiations to renew the BA franchise in some form or other - or maybe not at all - this is the question everyone has been waiting to know the answer to for sometime now. The general feeling is that the companys future is secure but nobody knows the colour scheme, or the fleet structure ( there is some speculation that the 737 fleet may reduce)

Pay - average or good depending on which aircraft you're on. Same pay for CRJ and 737
Starts at around £30k

rostering - In my opinion it is good , we can request earlies or lates and a weekend off a month. Requests, in my experience are mostly granted. I average 4/5 days on 2 off with 3/4 standbys a month. Because we are short of FOs now tend to get called on standbys but when fully crewed it was about 50/50.
More and varied nightstops on CRJ, charters and only BFS nighstop on 737.

Until recently few people left Maersk (easy life style/rostering, good base etc.) We have just lost a handful (mostly Capts) to the low cost/higher payers and this will probably continue until the future direction and fleet structure of the company is known.

Overall a good company to work for, we just wish someone would tell us which direction the company is going.

Hope this helps

Hwel
3rd Feb 2001, 02:11
Anyone know what there interview is like?
Is it sim rides and psycometrics or tea and digestives?

chihuahua
6th Feb 2001, 21:10
Which of the above pay scales do you consider average??? £30k for a 737 F/O is well below average - check the BALPA payscales.

buffet
7th Feb 2001, 03:43
You can decide for yourself what you think average is - remember the balpa payscales don't tell the full story. By 'average' I was'nt thinking about the low cost operators - their salaries are obviously outstripping every other schedule operator but they get there pound of flesh apparently.