PDA

View Full Version : News about Dragonair?

Zeno
18th Jan 2001, 13:29
I received an invitation for interview from Dragonair. Does anybody know something about this company? Do they treat you well? Is it a stable outfit? What abou the salary?
Any help would be highly appreciated!
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Wilfred
21st Jan 2001, 14:58
Zeno

I do not have any firm figures, but I think that they pay a competetive salary for HK. If memory serves me correctly you will be in the same ball park as a Cathay FO with a tasty housing allowance to help things along, and school fees if you have children or are planning to. The operation is regional flying around the Far East including a number of Chinese destinations. I think that the Chinese Govt owns a controlling share in Dragonair, though I may have dreamt that one. It is an Airbus operation, and I think that if you have the hours, command can come quickly.

You will have to live in HK. If you love it, that is fine, but I do know of some that cannot, or could not put up with it. Personaly I would go tomorrow. When I pass the 3000 hour threshold in a month or so I will on the blower to Dragonair.

Sorry if this is a little anecdotal/inaccurate, but I hope it gives you a flavour. Good luck at the interview.

Zeno
26th Jan 2001, 01:48
Wilfred
Thank you for the informations! It seems like Dragonair are a good Company.
But I was referring to the operation they intend to start in mid 2001 out of Manchester with B747. I believe it is a new set up and I was wondering if somebody could tell me more about it.