PDA

View Full Version : PZL 101 / YAK 12 - info please

Grob Driver
28th Aug 2007, 11:03
Hello,
Can someone please offer me some advice on the PZL 101 / Yak 12? I’m looking into the possibility of bringing one back from Poland. I know that there has been some previous discussions on here about the Yak 12, but wondered if anyone can offer me some advice? Is it possible to fly the aircraft over here, and if so, what are the restrictions / limitations? The aircraft would be on the Polish register… Could it stay on that and still fly here? Can it fly as a 4 seater, or would it be limited to 2 seats? Could the aircraft fly here on the British register?

I’d welcome your thoughts and opinions!

Regards
GD

lc_aerobatics
28th Aug 2007, 11:34
They're not EASA approved and need to be flown as "special" in Poland.
I bet you can get one really cheaply now.

Grob Driver
28th Aug 2007, 18:55
Please forgive my ignorance on the subject, but does that mean that I would be able to fly one on a permit?... If so, I assume that would be a PFA permit rather than a CAA permit given that they are primarily civilian aircraft? Again, I’m making assumptions that it could get a permit, would it be able to fly as a 4 seater, or would the permit restrict the number of seats?
Many thanks

Arclite01
28th Aug 2007, 21:03
http://www.yakuk.com/yak12.asp

I have often thought about them.

UGLY but Functional I reckon.

Pretty Tough - virtually indestructable I think. Good viz too

Cheap to buy but - Worried about the fuel burn though for a private owner.................

Arc

Arclite01
5th Sep 2007, 03:08
Ever get anything back onthis topic ??

lc_aerobatics
5th Sep 2007, 12:39
Sorry for late reply. I don't visit pprune to often.
You PL they're still used as 4 seaters and are on CAA permit as PFA doesn't exist there.
Regards.
Luke