PDA

View Full Version : DEFO Interviews Amsterdam October 2007

goldorak-GO
28th Aug 2007, 08:44
Hi folks,

Got my 1st interview in AMS for DEFO Freighter on 03 october 07 !!!!!

Excited and a bit scared too.

Anyone else around that time.
Any other info?

Thanks,
BRGDS.

Machpointeightfour
30th Aug 2007, 19:24
I'll be there too.

See you.

M.84

goldorak-GO
31st Aug 2007, 10:01
I'm not.

I'm getting close to 7000hrs TT, of which 1500 PIC-B737.

I don't pretend to be ready for left hand seat on a 747 or 340.

If I get in, I will Let Cathay decide when time comes.

cheers

TheDrop
23rd Sep 2007, 06:55
I will be there.

Where are you guys staying at, airport, downtown ? all a bit pricey in AMS with the high euro but I stay at the airport anyway.

555orange
6th Oct 2007, 15:07
Dont sell yourself short bud.
I have done short and Long Haul. If you were Capt on short haul, your more ready for command than any FO at Cathay that hasn't done short haul. You think any Cathay pilot doing 2-4 take-off and landings per month would be a better commander than you? Everything in between is small potatoes. It more comes down to how good you are as a leader. I dont work there, but I have many friends, both CA's and FO's there..and from what I hear, they like to focus on alot of nice to know useless information. Just imagine Asian memorization meets British Pomp. What do you get? A XXXX of a training envirionment! All that said...read the posts on how many rapid commands pass. There is a story there all on its own. Think twice about Cathay....especially if you are thinking twice about living in Asia at some point.

TheDrop
8th Oct 2007, 06:18
i think it went quite well and all was by the book, nothing to add really. answer by end of this week and second interview is already next month as far as i am informed. for those who are lucky enuf!

TheDrop
14th Oct 2007, 05:52
Answer was :ok: - who else going to HK in November?