PDA

View Full Version : Indian DGCA test

jimmytrilo
27th Aug 2007, 21:50
I my have an oral test, to be performed by the Indian DGCA, later next month. Anyone know where I can have access to study material to bone up for the test?

Please PM me.

Thanks in advance

JT

jumpdrive
28th Aug 2007, 18:52
nothing to worry
stupids ABC questions
if you go for jets maybe theyll ask you for the min rq's for RVSM
other than that it's just showbiz
waste of time

jimmytrilo
28th Aug 2007, 20:27
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated indeed.

Regards

JT

rdr
29th Aug 2007, 02:09
What they want is to put a face to a name and your experiance. Also your ability to speak English. Some operators have been taking shortcuts to fill their requirements. Do read up on your FTL'S and fuel policies, as well as have a look at the Indian AIC.

Nevrekar
29th Aug 2007, 20:46
I am assuming that you are a Captain going for the AIC interview. Your carrier should give you a "briefing" which will be 1-2 days, covering the ops manual, company manual, route structure and FDTL (flight duty time limits).
You DGCA interview will last anywhere from 5 mins (mine) to 45 mins, depending on how you present yourself and your background. Take all your log books, licenses and medical. The FDTL has just changed so make sure you have a basic knowledge of the new regs. Good luck. 90 days after you first join you also have to take a 50 question multiple choice Air Regulations exam. Good luck!