PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone rental in Malaga, Spain?

Eboy
27th Aug 2007, 20:53
My US cell phone won't work in Spain (and most other countries, but that is another subject:ugh:). I am flying to Malaga in October. Can I rent one at the airport? I tried a Google search but was overwhelmed. Thanks!

malagajohn
28th Aug 2007, 15:24
no rental avilable at the airport as far as i know

in any case probably best to buy a pay as you go when you arrive

the dean
28th Aug 2007, 15:39
i agree...or if you're going to be there on more than one occasion..( or indeed other parts of europe for that matter..) why not just change your phone for a tri band now and then you're all set..

i know that might be stating the obvious but would'nt it be better in the long run...:ok:

malagajohn
28th Aug 2007, 17:01
for example , you can pick up a tri-band phone from one of the spanish operators for around 50 euros

derekl
1st Sep 2007, 09:11
Eboy:

I suspect that you have a CDMA phone with your current carrier (Verizon?) so switching it for a tri-band GSM phone will not be an option.

If you're with a U.S. GSM carrier (AT+T/Cingular, T-mobile) then your phone should work in Spain if it is indeed tri-band (900MHz, 1800MHZ and 1900MHz).

Otherwise, the advice to buy a additional tri-band phone with a Pay-as-you-go SIM card when you arrive is a good idea -- and leave your U.S. CDMA phone back home.