PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with Any1 knowledge of Flying companies flying in Sudan

Aviator 81
27th Aug 2007, 17:59
Hi! Guys
Would like to inquire about any flying companies flying operating turbopros in Sudan.Pls if you have any info pls forward the contact details.
:cool:

taperlok
28th Aug 2007, 09:36
Air Aquarius based in Lanseria have contracxts in the Sudan. F28 dunno about turbo props:E

Contract Dog
28th Aug 2007, 14:06
Blue bird aviation, have 1 kingair 200, 3 twotters and a 1900C. the C is soon to be replaced by a D leased with SA crew from Solenta.

Executive turbine, have 3 1900's operating for Sudan Airways, SA skippers and local co jo's, Thats based out of Khartoum. Then they have a twotter based in South Sudan in a place called Rumbek

Solenta, 1 twotter in Rumbek and 1 Van in Rumbek, they always neev Van crew.

King Air Servces, 2 Kingair 200's based in Khartoum, and 4 Vans based in the field, Nyala, El obeid, Juba and Wau. They also always need Van crew.

Als has a few 1900's based in Khartoum on a UN and red cross contract, they are 5Y registerd so no chance of getting to fly them unless you are a close and personal friend of God.

Trident, they operate a few Dash 8's, same thing, 5Y but if you have a lot of time on type then work permits generaly are'nt a problem.

Safair had 2 Hercs based in El Obeid, but i think one has gone home, not too sure though.

then the WFP has more Vans than you can shake a stick at operating out of the South through Kenya, 5Y registered again, I think fedair have a big piece of that pie.

Then there are the Safari link's and Jet links opeating from entebbe and nairobi to Juba in the south on a daily basis in 1900's, embrears, let410's and a F28 (i think that is the AQ one previously mentioned)

Then there are loads of other companys operating 10 Fokker 50's, more antinovs than there are left in russia and about 48 aircraft from 200's right up to IL76's operating for the UN.

All in all a pretty busy place, hope this helps

Dog

cochise
28th Aug 2007, 18:20
Most of the companies with Turboprops are foreign registered unless you have time in Russian ships. What kind of time and on what types do you have?
Dog, you still in country? The boys and I need some info on a social life here :eek::}

Foxyflyer
29th Aug 2007, 06:59
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Oh Cochise, thats a good one. Social life in Khartoum HA HA HA HA HA HA :}:ugh:

Foxyflyer
29th Aug 2007, 07:03
100% Dog :D Just one thing though. Bluebird have done a 50/50 ownership deal with Solenta on a 1900c. However, Solenta have just sent Bluebird details of how they will operate their 1900 in and out of
Tharj hath and I don't think Bluebird will be overjoyed to read it. Watch this space :eek:

DHC
29th Aug 2007, 14:21
Foxyflyer, the topic is about
"Anyone with Any1 knowledge of Flying companies flying in Sudan"
What's going on within Blue Bird & Solenta, who cares ! it's politics :yuk:
Either, I enjoy the social life in Khartoum :p you just need to met people and to go outside Foxyflyer, and all your evenings will be busy.
Cheers

Foxyflyer
30th Aug 2007, 06:37
Well I admit that the traffic is exciting DHC. But as for going out, where?
There are no bars to meet people and the coffee houses such as O-Zone are predominently patronized by locals :bored: I would be grateful if you could tell me a good place to meet expats especially non-aviation types. A little bit of socializing would be nice:ugh:

Contract Dog
30th Aug 2007, 12:09
there is touch rugby, football and frisby on different days of the week at the american school, there you meet people who will invite you to partys, thats where you then go and network to meet new friends, the chopper boys have a good bash at theirs once a month and all crew are welcome, just bring a bottle for the table, again, once you are there, you can start networking, then on every second tuesday af the month there is a bash at the german embassy, no list to get in, but if you get there after 7H30 pm, you will wait in the que the whole night and they close doors when the place is full, SO GET THERE EARLY! every friday the british embassy has a party, but you have to be invited by somone at the embassy. There are a few partys this weekend but as there are over 200 expat crew in sudan, I cant give out the details on this site as they could get bust by security and then I am the asshole for giving them the details! there is a great life here if you go out to meet people. Try the german club on street 1 Amarat, the pool there is open on fridays and loads of people hang out there.

Dog

Qfeel
1st Sep 2007, 09:42
Agree with you contract dog. Life in KTR is what you make of it. Met some great folks (most out of aviation) which made life there a lot easier.

Long D
1st Sep 2007, 13:20
IT DEPENDS WHAT YOU MEAN BY LIFE. Because all what was mentioned had nothing to do with life. Life is not in the booze and parties. There is more to life than that definition. I hope one day you all can realize that.:)

Contract Dog
1st Sep 2007, 14:08
Long D, get over yourself, read the posts again, there were sports, social events and a pool mentioned as good places to meet people, what you want to do after that is up to you, be it booz or drives to the pyramids or nile cruises, whatever spins your wheels. It is a great place to live if you get off your ass and go and make it work for you. Who are you to judge weather or not we do or dont "live life" here?

Long D
2nd Sep 2007, 07:41
I know it is a great place to live, still you did not understand what I meant by what I said. You need to read deeper within the lines to find out, but it seems you are a surface reader. Oh of you can just understand the richness of were you are.

ex dog
8th Sep 2007, 20:55
new airline, sorry not new but, starting entebbe -juba -nairobi start date don't quote me , Nov 10th 2007
MERIDIANA funded by AGA KHAN , operating DC-9's
possible other routes
Also PASSWORD operating B-1900 from JUBA
Various other operator's with Cessna's and don't forget Royal Daisy Airlines and Eagle Air from ENTEBBE operating 1, embraer 120 and let 410's