PDA

View Full Version : B777 Type Rating

lepremier
27th Aug 2007, 10:42
In a few months I will wind up (or down) my career with a well known FE carrier....My current B777 rating is on a non JAR licence and unfortunately no JAR approved instructors are in our system. I would like to revalidate my European JAR licence and get the the B777 endorsement on it, just in case I feel the urge (to fly that is) again. Any suggestions as to how I might do this.....Thanks.

777pipi
28th Aug 2007, 04:31
... I'm in exactly in same situation....
Would be very pleased if somebody has suggestions and could help.
Thanks

skywaytoheaven
29th Aug 2007, 08:13
I was looking to do the same on the A320, I contacted the CAA they informed me that to convert a non JAR type rating to JAR you need 500 hours on type (presumably no problem for you) and a flight test in the sim with a JAR examiner. This should revalidate the licence.
From your question, not sure if you knew this info or you're just looking for examiner and sim information.

Cuillin
29th Aug 2007, 10:30
A small number of high-time, wide-bodied experienced pilots gave up their command (and FS pension/increments) at a UK charter airline a couple of years ago and joined BA in the RHS of the B777.

People thought they were mad to do that in their early 40s. Never see a command again etc.

Nine months later they put their notice in to BA and moved to a Direct Entry Command on a B777 in Asia.

They had plenty hours, plenty command experience and now they had the free B777 rating.

IRISHPILOT
29th Aug 2007, 10:59
Can't be any of the posters above, as they DON'T have it on their European license.

Why not pair up yous two and go to Alteon in the US, I believe they do JAR ratings, so they may have a JAR examiner on staff or be able to get one.

good luck! IP

lepremier
29th Aug 2007, 11:00
Just looking for a place to do the sim ride.....I seem to remember there being a place in Amsterdam, maybe with KLM (sorry AF)....