PDA

View Full Version : I need help about FAA IR to JAA IR please..

adam75
27th Aug 2007, 08:29
Hi everybody :)I m finishing my ATPL FROZEN in Italy after that I was thinking about going to Florida to get my FAA IR and have 300 IFR time experience before going to convert the FAA IR to a JAA IR.
I m asking you which are the others school in Europe that do this conversion? I know there is few in UK , but is there anybody here who has got it in Spain o in any other country? I don t even wanna imagine what’s the cost for 15 h in e multi engine in UK…:}:}
I hope somebody will be able to answer thank you so much in advance

Andre

Hour Builder
27th Aug 2007, 19:03
Two school in Spain often crop up are Aerodynamics in Malaga, and Aerofan.

You can do any JAR IR course in any JAA state though....

Google is your friend.

adam75
27th Aug 2007, 19:54
ok i m not talking about IR COURSE but about IR conversion..

Hour Builder
27th Aug 2007, 20:15
Me too! these two schools offer IR conversions.

In the UK every school approved to conduct a full IR course, is automatically approved to do the ICAO IR conversion course. Whether they choose to run it is down to them etc..

Problem you are talking about is whether other non UK JAR schools offer the same conversion requirements to convert the ICAO IR to JAR. Just because, the UK says it is 15 hours conversion (ICAO ME IR to JAR ME IR) doesnt mean each states law says the same. This is the problem with JAR, if another state says that the 15 hours conversion requirement does not coinside with the states law, then they wont be able to run the course-even though the UK CAA would issue the rating had the course been completed.

HB

adam75
27th Aug 2007, 20:43
ok I mean,I m from italy, if i get a conversion in UK o in spain ( ir conversion) will I get a IR JAA licence right? this means that I have a JAA IR and it must be valid in all JAA world? in italy too right? :ugh::ugh::ugh:

Hour Builder
28th Aug 2007, 06:56
Yes- Italy is a JAR member state.

I hope all your head banging is down to your lack of knowledge, and not the answers I am giving you.