PDA

View Full Version : India Age 60 rule info

Nevrekar
27th Aug 2007, 03:45
I just heard that the DGCA in India is now not allowing anyone over 60 to operate here if their home country does not allow them to fly over 60.
Guys already here are ok but new guys are not going to be allowed.
So US guys are affected. Many are going to other countries and getting licenses there and then applying (Australia).

vinayak
28th Aug 2007, 21:18
nothing out on the DGCA website indicating that. and plus FAA is also going to increase the age bar http://www.domain-b.com/aero/Aug/2007/20070822_pilot_shortage.htm

Nevrekar
28th Aug 2007, 22:18
Until the U.S. changes the rule, new age 60 plus guys are on hold. So I have been told.

tropical wave
28th Aug 2007, 22:45
the UAL will be increased to 65 in the first quarter of 2008 by the FAA......I have that from high authority @ ICAO and the FAA.

timbob
7th Sep 2007, 20:27
Latest is that 60+ Jet Airways are on their way to Canada to convert US ATPL to Canadian ATPL. Current US First Class physical which can be submitted to Canada MOT or Canadian First Class physical (there are MOT-approved examiners in the US). required, then must take written Air Law test (20 questions), pay $100, and receive license plus FAA type-ratings. No simulator or flight test required. Air India applicants doing the same. Total estimated cost for license fees, physical (if needed), airfare and hotel to take exam in Canada about $1500 USD. DGCA exam and certification of (Canadian) ATPL still a requirement.

Panther06
8th Sep 2007, 14:20
Thanks for the info,

I hope to go to India in November. (I am 60 in October) so I am following these events carefully. Any other information appreciated.