PDA

View Full Version : Help to an italian student

nibbio86
27th Aug 2007, 01:15
Hello, I am an italian student. At the moment I'm at Moorabbin for training. The question is this: since there is an instructor shortage,is it likely that once I've achieved CPL,NVFR,CSU/RU and Grade 3 Instructor Rating I am sponsored through a visa subclass 457 (temporany worker) from any school and/or charter operator? I add that I am willing to move ANYWHERE in Australia. Thanks a lot.

whiskey1
27th Aug 2007, 01:52
Have you asked the people doing your training if they will sponsor you?
It would have been a good question to ask before you pay your money?

Definately, Maybe! Would depend on Demand and Availability after you're qualified.

W1

tail wheel
27th Aug 2007, 02:25
417 Visa is a Working Holiday Visa, conditions as follows:

If you are granted this visa you can:

enter Australia within 12 months of grant
stay up to 12 months
leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid
work in Australia for up to 6 months with each employer
study or train for up to 4 months.If you hold a second Working Holiday visa, you may return to work for a further 6 months for an employer with whom you worked on your first Working Holiday visa.
Note: If you applied for your Working Holiday visa before 1 July 2006, you may:

undertake study or training for up to 3 months
work for up to 6 months with each employerImportant: Your visa will have a condition limiting work with each employer to 3 months however, all visa holders have been granted permission to work for up to 6 months with each employer.

Working as a casual Flying Instructor you may have difficulties complying with the Visa conditions. I'm not sure you can apply for a 417 within Australia - i.e. conversion of another Visa type?

There was media speculation some time ago that Flying Instructors may be added to the 457 Visa program. You would need to enquire from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

nibbio86
27th Aug 2007, 10:44
Yeah,you`re right. I did mean Visa subclass 457 and anywhere instead of everywhere. But you must understand I`m a little bit tired since I have to think training,cleaning tables at the cafe` I work for,searching solutions for my future (I hope) career and so on,as many others PPruners here around. So,please,don`t stress with little details,but if somebody who has a direct experience of such kind of sponsorship wanted to reply to me,I would be very grateful.

socks and thongs
27th Aug 2007, 13:31
Hey Alessandro,

Check your PM's!

And smoking hole, I think the guy was after a hand. Haven't you got anything better to do?

capt available
27th Aug 2007, 13:34
What an intelligent post sh. Do you really think this guy needs your grammer lessons? He has a legit question, so try something like answering it if you have any experience with that sort of stuff, and not wasting everyones time by taking the pi$$ out of his name.

tail wheel
27th Aug 2007, 14:05
niblio86. Do you have a 417 or 457 Visa? If a 457 Visa you would have been sponsored by an employer and the Visa should be valid for four years? If you hold a 457 Visa, you could obtain Regional Certifying Body approval and apply for Permanent Residence?

nibbio86
29th Aug 2007, 03:36
Tail Wheel,I am currently here on a 417 (working holiday) visa. My question is basicly this:once I have my licences,can I only dream to be sponsored for a 457 or it is realistic? Thank you.