26th Aug 2007, 22:40
Hi Guys,

Anyone have any info regarding Ba Cityflyer at City Airport
Pay and conditions?
Routes?
London weighting?
Nightstops?

I realise that Ba have alredy recruited but would love to apply the next
time they recruit, I presently work as Cabin Crew out of Lhr.
Many Thanks in advance for any help given.

Crewboy

marlowe
31st Aug 2007, 17:58
Crewboy are you BA crew already at LHR? if so please understand that BA Cityflyer is a subsidary of BA and the T&Cs you have in mainline are NOT the terms and conditions you will have in Cityflyer. OK you would currently nightstop in GLA,EDI,FRA and MAD london weighting is £1500 per annum routes are GLA,EDI,FRA,ZRH,MAD rumours of 2 more routes in October could be Prague and Barcelona, summer and winter charters are operated at the moment although again rumours that these may not run in the future, the Aircraft fleet is RJ 100s these are 110 seat aircraft and confirmation of two RJ 85 joining the fleet, these are 85 seat aircraft. The company has been around for a while it is effectivly whats left of BA Connect formly BA Citiexpress, so effectivly the company is a name change more than a brand new entity although the management would not have it that way even though they are in the majority, all the same faces as the previous companies mentioned!!!! If you are not BA crew at the moment do not look on cityflyer as an easy step into BA it is not! there is NO right of transfer into mainline so what you have is an operation that looks,talks,and smells like BA but is kept at arms length away from mainline!! it is the Bastard son of a one night stand with Brymon/Bral/Bar that Mainline had and now doesnt wanna pay child support for, sure it knows it has the son but it never wants to embrace it and love it and call it its own.

crewboy
3rd Sep 2007, 23:30
Thanks for your repy I appreciate it.

I'm not currently BA Crew at Lhr but Bmi.

I understand what your saying about the difference between the mainline company and Cityflyer and as much as I would like to become Crew with BA at LHR that's not why I'm enquiring . I would like to be closer to central London so am looking for either longhaul at Lhr or working out of City. There sounds like a few nightstops with Cityflyer.

Do you work for BA Cityflyer?

Thanks again

VS-LHRCSA
4th Sep 2007, 05:00
Crewboy, are you not looking forward to doing the Bmed routes and the proposed new trans-atlantic routes (when they eventually start)?

Mind you, Cityflyer does sound quite nice.

crewboy
4th Sep 2007, 12:46
Hi There,

I was looking forward to the new routes but I no longer have faith in Bmi to get it right.

We will probably turn up to a Hotel and they will either have us booked in for 1 night when we are supposed to be staying for 2 or they will have no knowledge of us coming at all. Dont really want to be hanging around those countries in limbo.(Believe me, this happens a lot on nightstops)

As for the Transatlantic routes, they were meant to be starting March 2008 but now have been put back to 2009(typical).

Sorry to be so negative it is so unlike me I love the people at bmi but the management and infrastructure is appaling, I will always be grateful to bmi for the opportunity to become Cabin Crew but I now want out hence my thread about Cityflyer.

:ok:

crewboy
4th Sep 2007, 13:03
Does anyone have a number or email for the recruitment department for Cityflyer at London City?

marlowe
6th Sep 2007, 16:31
crewboy all recruitment is done through Cityflyers Didsbury offices not through LCY if you think its chaos at BMI welcome to BACF!!!! same chaos different name.

Jay_solo
6th Jan 2008, 22:00
Can anyone provide an example of a LCY based Cityflyer cabin crew roster? And what control do you have over it? (e.g bidding, swapping trips, day off etc.)

thanks

Sweenster
7th Jan 2008, 12:26
Anyone be offered an interview?

Jay_solo
9th Jan 2008, 12:47
Does anyone have any info on working for BA Cityflyer out of LCY?

gps117
9th Jan 2008, 13:42
Marlowe you are so negative about this, i remeber the same posting from you when I used to work for Citiexpress and applied for BA LHR. You are correct in saying you have no automatic right of transfer...however if you apply to Mainline and you work for Cityflyer you:
1) Keep your staff number
2) Keep your Date of Joing for Staff Travel Purposes
3) They DO look at your ops file to see if you are any good.

T's and C's will not be as good as mainline, but if you want to work to wear the Uniform, do some decent 3 day trips (from what i've heard) and work for a small airline with a BIG Airline backing then go for it. Quick pomotion, recoginsed hard work...soemthing you dont get with mainline. When the time comes apply for mainline, give it your best shot, and if you've kept your nose clean and haven't messed up the interview you'll most likely get through.

You'll find the interviews are the same and the customer service training is identical!

Priceless1
9th Jan 2008, 16:08
I've been offered an interview anyone eles?

Jay_solo
9th Jan 2008, 17:26
Priceless 1, when did you apply?

Priceless1
9th Jan 2008, 18:39
about a month ago why?

Jay_solo
10th Jan 2008, 12:26
was curious as I was thinking of applying for LCY post. But I can't find any current info on the company, t&c's and rosters etc.

pollymagou
10th Jan 2008, 14:56
try this link

http://www.bacityflyerjobs.com

I think flight pay is £2.50 per hour, the rest you'll find it on web site

Priceless1
10th Jan 2008, 15:00
I believe basic is about 11,000 PA and flight pay £2.22 an hour. You also get London weighting pay of around £1,500 PA.
Nightsops are Madrid, Glagow, Edinburgh, Frankfurt and from next season Amsterdam and Zurich.
Hope that helps a little Jay, let me know if you do apply.

Jay_solo
10th Jan 2008, 18:00
Yeah Thanks for that info. I read the website and downloaded the job spec. But looking at their schedules they operate a lot of weekday flights (for biz pax), few flights over the weekend into and out of LCY. So I was interested on what Rosters are like and if there is bidding for trips and how often on average do you fly.

Priceless1
10th Jan 2008, 18:22
Sorry don't know what the rosters are like sorry i would like to know aswell.

marlowe
10th Jan 2008, 19:18
gps117, if you worked for citiexpress then you know what it WAS like but the Cityflyer you are describing isnt the company i WORK for think you need to take off the rose coloured glasses!! As for rosters well if your EDI based then you are working your socks off average 55/60 sectors per month if your LCY based then average 20/30 sectors unless your one of the in crowd then you get to virtually write your own roster and say what trips you want to do. The company has been stalling for a year on union recognition and we dont seem to be any closer to it, infact the union doesnt even seem to want anything to do with us, i wonder why i pay my £10 per month because i dont see anything happening from them.

Jay_solo
10th Jan 2008, 21:10
I read somewhere that LCY is smaller with 20-30 cc, I think! And rosters are lighter than EDI. So is there some form of trip requests, or just random computer rostering?

marlowe
11th Jan 2008, 12:03
Jay. You can apply for max/min or no preference for trips, what you cannot do is apply for SPECIFIC trips this is because the LCY crew were phoning up the crew rosterers and effectivly writing there own rosters! aided and abetted by the then performance manager at LCY, this caused a few problems between the two bases. Hopefully these new rules will be able to bring a bit more fairness to the rosters and stop the same faces always doing the same routes!

dollydaydream
11th Jan 2008, 12:18
Is it possible to commute assuming you were on max trips or would your roster be likely to include some there and backs?

Jay_solo
11th Jan 2008, 12:51
Marlowe: "Jay. You can apply for max/min or no preference for trips,"
Thanks for the info, whats the difference between max and min trips? :confused:

marlowe
11th Jan 2008, 13:09
you can commute lots of people do ,but you will get there and backs as well the difference between min/max trips is exactly what it says, you can put in for max trips ie.the most nightstops or minimum ie. the least nightstops what you will not be able to do is NO nightstops!!

Jay_solo
11th Jan 2008, 13:16
Ok thanks, so how many days off a month do you get? (or days off after each block of trips)

marlowe
11th Jan 2008, 13:25
I suppose on average you would do 5/6 on 2/3 off bear in mind though that the 5/6 on will probably include some there and backs it is not entirely nightstops. There are crew at LCY who commute in from as far as manchester,Newcastle ,Derby,Bristol so it can be done with a bit of planning and forethought .

crewboy
11th Jan 2008, 14:06
Hi Guys,

Anyone else start training for Cityflyer on the 4th Feb?

I was given a lot of info at my interview about both current and future plans and it seems that CityFlyer seems to expanding thier route networks and introducing a chance to bid for trips. To me there doesn't seem to be much difference in Ts & Cs between Mainline and Cityflyer.

If rumours are to be believed on here, Cabincrew.com and current Gatwick Crew that CityFlyer could end up becoming more mainline than Gatwick with regards to shorthaul. The words Flybe are being bounded about.

But this could all end up being rumour.

I'm looking forward to starting at Cityflyer had a great vibe at my interview.

speedbird-lgw
11th Jan 2008, 14:16
cooll
glad that your looking forwad to it
the trainers you have for your course are great and good fun
enjoy it

Flower Duet.
11th Jan 2008, 14:27
Gatwick fleet becoming flybe :ugh::ugh::ugh:

what a load of rubbish !!

marlowe
11th Jan 2008, 14:59
crewboy Cityflyer will not become mainline and i can assure you the terms and conditions are anything but mainline! There is no need to put the LCY operation up to equal terms as they are getting the BA product at a cheaper cost base, what you have to remember is that BAcityflyer is a subsidary, its not an easy stepping stone into longhaul or LHR, gps117 will probably take me to task over that statement but it is true!!!!! When you join BAcityflier you are not joining BA as such, the last entry courses that started at LCY i dont think quite grasped that notion judging from some of the questions asked in the galley! In fact our departed performance manager never understood the concept either!!!

dollydaydream
11th Jan 2008, 15:23
marlowe are you ex-connect?

JSmiths
11th Jan 2008, 16:47
Does anyone anyone know if Cityflyer will be holding any more interviews? As i am still waiting for one? Or have they recruited everyone they need?

JSmiths
11th Jan 2008, 16:50
Does anyone anyone know if Cityflyer will be holding any more interviews? As i am still waiting for one? Or have they recruited everyone they need?

Jay_solo
11th Jan 2008, 17:01
So when you get called for interview, is it at LCY or Cranebank? And how long on what days is the training?

Priceless1
11th Jan 2008, 17:27
it is held at LCY, I heard they are only holding training in Feb

Jay_solo
11th Jan 2008, 17:41
I see the closing date is 21st Jan. Priceless1 did you get an email asking you to an interview, or did they call you?

Priceless1
11th Jan 2008, 17:47
They email you and then you book an interview online. Have you applied yet ?

crewboy
11th Jan 2008, 19:04
Hey Marlowe,

I'm aware there is no way through CityFlyer to Longhaul LHR but not all of us have Lhr Longhaul at the top of our list, I have just turned down the WW temp contract in order to work for CityFlyer as i think the company seems to be going places(if you pardon the pun) and I prefered the genuine more friendly approach to recruitment.

marlowe
11th Jan 2008, 19:51
Dollydaydream. I have knowledge of BAConnect and a few of its other names!!!! lol!!!!!!!

gps117
12th Jan 2008, 10:03
hi marlowe...i'm not going to jump down you neck :-) thing is it is probably still better than working for some of the other regional airlines. Trust me lhr is better money and conditions but it can be a lonely place to work!!!! i look fondly back on my BACX days

marlowe
12th Jan 2008, 11:26
gps117 i am sure it can be a lonely place who would have thought that we could look back on BACX days as good times lol!!!!! you would be suprised at the new entrants these days though, they really dont understand the concept of the subsidary and think they have joined BA mainline!!!

Flower Duet.
12th Jan 2008, 15:25
marlowe (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=37854) would you apply to mainline ?

marlowe
12th Jan 2008, 17:21
Flower duet. yes i would apply mainline BUT i wouldnt want LGW only LHR.

Virginia
19th Jan 2008, 12:26
Is this airline worth applying for? Have heard mixed messages but I am interested. The nightstops all sound quite good, do you do quick turnarounds?

Cheers.

:ooh:

DutchBird-757
19th Jan 2008, 18:04
Basically we're a 'touring' airline meaning lot's of nightstops. They're fun, especially if you have a nice crew! Turnarounds are usually 35 minutes.

I would say, go for it!

Virginia
19th Jan 2008, 18:12
Thank you! How many pax and crew do the planes have? And do you do cabin tidies? (it wouldn't put me off applying, just being nosy :))

JSmiths
19th Jan 2008, 19:02
I would apply, they only have interview dates for next week. And I believe the training is only going to be in February.

For those that wanted to know about the max height, there no max height.

marlowe
19th Jan 2008, 19:23
Think you will find 5"10 is max height.

JSmiths
19th Jan 2008, 19:27
I think you'll find it's not as Cityflyer told me yesterday that there is no height limit and 6'2 was perfectly fine.

marlowe
19th Jan 2008, 20:15
As far as i know the height limit has never changed from the Cityexpress/Connect days even though they do not operate the smaller A/C now. With Cityflyer what they say and what they mean are usually far removed from what actually happens!!!!!!

JSmiths
19th Jan 2008, 20:19
I'm 6'2 and I thought it would be a problem but they said to me on the phone yesterday it was not. Do you think it would be?

marlowe
19th Jan 2008, 20:23
When the DASh8 and embraers were operated they had a strict 5"10 policy the RJ is a bit more forgiving on height but i have not heard of this limit being lifted BUT there are some cabin crew over 6" working for the company.

JSmiths
19th Jan 2008, 20:26
That's promising then.

marlowe
19th Jan 2008, 20:29
apply see what happens look forward to working with you

JSmiths
19th Jan 2008, 22:02
Thanks, I have applied and been offered an interview but can't make next week. Hope they do some more as i really do want to work at cityflyer. Do you have any tips advise about the day you could tell me. Thanks

almax
23rd Jan 2008, 16:28
Hi All,
I have been reading some posts regarding Cityflyer and it seems to be a small company to work for. Wld like to apply in the near future and wld like to know the average monthly salary you take home. Thanks 4 your time.

flyest
24th Jan 2008, 14:37
Just had my interview yesterday for ba cityflyer London base, they were really nice and friendly! I'm not so sure how well I did but they said they would let me know within 10 days. How long did u guys wait to be told the outcome and did u feel there was any indication during the interview? Really hope I get in, fingers & toes crossed! :} wish me luck!

Virginia
24th Jan 2008, 16:19
Me too, best of luck...let me know when you hear :ok:

What time was yours?

I didn't get the presentation...did you? Just a brief overview of the airline and job. I was in and out within around 45 minutes.

Fingers crossed!

crewboy
25th Jan 2008, 23:42
Hi,

I didn't get a presentation as such just an overview dont think anybody did and I'm just about to start training with CityFlyer so dont worry sure we will be flying together soon.

Virginia
26th Jan 2008, 09:00
Thanks Crewboy, fingers crossed for flyest and me!:)

The lady interviewing briefly talked about training.

Good luck, I will let you know when I hear, hopefully good news.

speedbird-lgw
26th Jan 2008, 10:30
dont forget its not actually ba

Virginia
26th Jan 2008, 11:29
Oh I know, it doesn't bother me, just want a local airline with a few nightstops! It sounds like it will really suit me and I like the sound of it.

Priceless1
26th Jan 2008, 11:55
Is there only going to be a training course in February or will there be more?

Virginia
26th Jan 2008, 13:17
Thanks Crewboy, hopefully I can work with you one day! It sounds like a great little airline. I have flown before for a low-cost airline.

How long did it take for you to hear back from them to inform you that you had the job? :)

crewboy
26th Jan 2008, 13:24
Hey Virginia,

I heard the same day BUT(dont start to panic lol.....)I had the last slot on the last day of the Dec/early Jan sessions of interviews so think all those that had interviews in Dec would of had to wait til that day, I guess I was lucky to be on the last day.

The Airline seems to be goin places if you pardon the pun lol... new routes good nightstops, and ever expanding seem a great palce to work...:)

Virginia
26th Jan 2008, 13:32
Argh, they said by phone or email within 10 days! Lets just hope I get a call soon! Did HR up in Manchester phone you to offer you the job?

As I said, my interview went just fine and we had a chat and a laugh and I could answer all the questions, I was just a bit nervous. Really really want this job!:sad:

Good luck with training :)

JSmiths
26th Jan 2008, 15:24
They have extended the closing date for London City cc till June 2008 so I would of thought they will be more training courses.

Turroncin
26th Jan 2008, 15:44
Apparently there are no new courses planned, although they expect to have some more in the near future. So they are interviewing with an aim to have a pool of people ready to do a course when they need it. So could be a long wait.... or no wait at all !

Virginia
26th Jan 2008, 16:00
Well there is a course starting 4th Feb and I was told at my interview that there were a couple more planned over March/April.

speedbird-lgw
26th Jan 2008, 16:01
there is a course in feb, march then in april

it seems to be going places if ba allows it they are goverend by them and do as they say, it aint all that simple

JSmiths
26th Jan 2008, 16:04
That will be quite good then. Is it only the 6 routes they do are they planning any more?

Turroncin
26th Jan 2008, 16:10
I was at an interview on Wednesday and I was told that they had no courses planned with places left but would be kept in a "pool" - which is I guess fair enough.

JSmiths
26th Jan 2008, 16:17
Where is the best place live near LCY?

Virginia
26th Jan 2008, 16:24
So no-one from last week's interviews has heard then?

speedbird-lgw
26th Jan 2008, 16:53
the routes are
glasgow
edinburgh
madrid
zurich
frankfurt
milan

from march three more
warsaw
amsterdam and nice

Virginia
29th Jan 2008, 17:45
I have recieved an email with a big fat NO. How did everyone else fare?

Turroncin
30th Jan 2008, 08:43
No worries - so did I.

I found it quite amusing really as last year I was offered BA LHR EF but couldn't take it. Obviously BACityF don't think much of my examples that BA obviously did...!

hamsco
30th Jan 2008, 21:47
Yeah I got a NO from BA city flyer today too.

:{

JSmiths
30th Jan 2008, 21:53
Why is everyone getting a no? Sorry to everyone aswell that got the same.

Turroncin
31st Jan 2008, 08:32
it can be lots of things - after all some people get a job in one airline not in another, so it can be what you say on the day, how it comes accross etc. I wouldn't be too concerned and just try another one. This is my first rejection after 5 airline interviews obviously i'm becoming complacent but that's just my own fault! :)

crewboy
1st Feb 2008, 02:26
Is all CityFlyer training done at City Airport or is any done at Cranebank?

Cheers:ok:

tiggerific_69
1st Feb 2008, 09:20
So,is the newly anounced LCY - New York service on the A318 going to be operated by Cityflyer?I hope so - this would be a good trip for you guys!

DutchBird-757
1st Feb 2008, 09:25
Don't get your hopes up. Can't see that happening. I wish though...:ok:

VS-LHRCSA
1st Feb 2008, 10:01
It's on the intranet. Double daily New York on the A318 with 32 business class. The actual airport has not been decided.
The actual product hasn't been decided yet, either. I would imagine the traditional club world seats may be too heavy.

The flights will be operated as mainline. I don't know what impact this will have on City Flyer crews, the intranet only mentions BALPA, not cabin crew.

The outbound flights will require a fuel stop and that does make me wonder if this will be competative or not. I guess they know what they're doing :hmm:

fruitbat
1st Feb 2008, 11:51
It is only Mainline Flight Crew at the moment, because of our Scope agreement. Cabin Crew have yet to be decided although I'm sure the company would prefer the cheaper CityFlyer crews....

Flower Duet.
1st Feb 2008, 15:13
Private Air uses A319 and Boeing Bussiness Jets, with extra fuel tanks so
the Aircraft can fly Non-stop From Europe and the States.

Just read Evening Standard and it says the flight will take 9 hours via
Scotland or Ireland to refuel !! but saying that it could take you two hours during rush hour to get to LHR from the city and it will be 15 min Check-in, I think its going to be great.

Well done BA :D

747-436
1st Feb 2008, 16:34
The outbound flights will require a fuel stop and that does make me wonder if this will be competative or not. I guess they know what they're doing

It will still be quicker than going from there to LHR! The aircraft has the range, the problem westbound is LCY's short runway.

JSmiths
1st Feb 2008, 17:02
I thought LCY's runway would be a bit short for an A318 i must be wrong.

speedbird-lgw
1st Feb 2008, 17:10
airbus have trialled the 318 and it is successful

Matt101
1st Feb 2008, 17:17
The STOL port that LCY is is fine for the A318 to take off but not with a full fuel compliment therefore westbound it will stop to refuel at SNN.

On the BA website Mark Hassell said he is unsure which crew will operate it so far.

My guess is either LCY or SFG crew as they are both cheap, also SFG crew are already type rated in the A320 series - dunno if that will make any difference though.

It'd be nice for Cityflyer guys to get it but then just selfishly I'd love us Gatters lot to get a NYC flight. Do A318 have an OHAR :E (just kiddign by the way)

speedbird-lgw
1st Feb 2008, 17:25
well they got a year to do it lol
as its in city it wont be a full club world service cos chairs are to heavy
they may use cityflyer crews. makes sense really
it worked in man with ba connect

hotelhopper
12th Feb 2008, 12:59
Hi in a typical working week how many times would you be home? The reason I ask is I would prefer not to relocate from gatwick but would have to if I was having to travel from LGW to LCY a few times a week. Any advise would be great. An example roster would be even better :)

Thanks

flyer55
12th Feb 2008, 21:01
If its going to be Gatwick crew i think they would have to position you to lcy as its not your operating base .
However if they start a lgw - nyc route ( maybe a new lh route ) you could end up doing :
lgw-nyc-lcy-nyc-lgw

They would also have to modify the LGW MOA agreement for crew

marlowe
13th Feb 2008, 07:49
Chances are they will use Cityflyer crew cos it would be cheaper in the long run to operate it on there T&Cs .

crewboy
13th Feb 2008, 21:51
Am training with CityFlyer at the moment and have been told from our PM that CityFlyer Cabin Crew will deff NOT be doin the LCY-NYC new route :{.

Nevermind it was a nice thought while it lasted

dollydaydream
13th Feb 2008, 22:42
Pretty good chance they will be then:E:)

apaddyinuk
14th Feb 2008, 01:06
Well they used Cityexpress crew to operate the MAN-JFK right until the end of that base so I dont see why they cant use Cityflyer crew to use this new service.

marlowe
14th Feb 2008, 09:58
The PM at LCY has not been with the company that long so she has no idea of what has gone on in the company in its previous guises. With BAcityflyer what it says it gonna do, what it plans to do and what ends up happening are usually three different things with only a loose connection!!!

zippybabe
15th Feb 2008, 15:51
Marlowe i've been reading your posts and feel you are very negative toward BA city flyer is there any reason? do you work there already? i too have an interview coming up and wonder what i might not know about.

Ref the new PM well i was told the same info ref the LCY not doing NY, so maybe could it be yourself who's guessing?

I have tried to search the website for any info on ba cityflyer and it's hard to get anything!

dollydaydream
16th Feb 2008, 11:00
I don't think Marlowe is being negative - I think he just has the experience to know that what is said doesn't always happen and vice versa.
Btw -I don't work for cityflyer but in a former life I was affected by the BA way of saying one thing and doing another! So just keep an open mind :)

marlowe
17th Feb 2008, 21:26
Zippybabe i am not negative at all, as you will find out if you ever fly with me but what you have to remember is that if you work for BAcityflyer then you are not joining BA as such but a subsidary on lower T&Cs than mainline. A lot of people have joined BACF and dont realise this difference, like Dollydaydream i have experience of the cityflyer operation when it was called other names, and its essentially the same management structure and ideas from then, if you had ever worked for BAcitiexpress, BAconnect or any of its other former titles you would understand. Infact a good idea would be to google those names along with BRYMON , BRAL and BAR and see what you get this would then give you the background required to understand where cityflyer version2 came from .