PDA

View Full Version : Pipe Dreams – FAA CPL

moonym20
26th Aug 2007, 21:38
Hi, Hope im posting in the right section.
I’m asking for the help and knowledge of anyone who can help me find a well recommended flying school in the United Sates offering FAA CPL & IR training courses. Please let me explain my situation.

Most people here may ask why would a brit would not want the JAA CPL/IR or ATPL, the simple reason is that my eye sight is outside the limits the CAA has set in order to obtain a Class 1 medical. I have already tried to plead with them with no success and have ruled out laser surgery simply because of the risks. This left me in a hard position has I have wanted to fly commercially since the age of 5 and have worked hard so far to follow my dreams.
I’m in the lucky position to have a UK PPL(A) with IMC, I’ve got over 250 hours logged most in complex singles such as Cirrus aircraft and Cessna T210N.

Anyway. I would hugely appreciate it if any members from here could post (or pm?) me details of good schools in the States. All I’m looking for is a school that offers the CPL IR courses at a good price with a safe fleet of aircraft and good instructors.

I am already doing my CPL and IR ground school in this country I just wish to complete the flying side of the courses in the USA I have seen a number of adverts for flying schools in the US however I am very cautious after hearing stories on some of these establishments. I was looking towards OBA however some threads posted have made me cautious about this (and other schools)

Please, if anyone can offer some information I’d be grateful, it will help me on my way to follow my ambitions.

-Thaks :)

mutt
27th Aug 2007, 05:40
You might get a better response if you post in the "wannabe" forum....

Mutt