PDA

View Full Version : US TSA Clearance

hubbs1982
26th Aug 2007, 21:25
Howdy,

I have my M1 visa application in a couple of days and, assuming it is sucessful (fingers crossed), I wanna fly out to the states fairly promptly so I can get settled before I start training. Is it possible to enter the States without the TSA clearance, and then start training once it is granted?

In addition, can anyone who recently had an M! visa interview give me some insight into what was asked in the interview, in particular with relation to your 'ties' to the UK?

Thanks very much

coodem
26th Aug 2007, 21:47
You must apply for TSA before you enter, but require fingerprints. This can be done after you enter, but technically you can't start your training till you have confirmation they have received them.
They are done at the US local police station, then posted to TSA

You can have your prints taken at Farnborough, costs a little more, but saves time

mlee
26th Aug 2007, 22:17
Hi, had my interview last Friday in London.

It basically consists of arriving, collecting a ticket, waiting four three hours for your ticket number to be called. Once your number is called you go to the counter hand your documents over, have your fingerprints taken then collect another ticket and wait for your number to be called again. After a further two hours when your number is called you go back to the counter, I was asked do I have enough money to pay for the course and why am I going to America to do it. Interview over!!

Your passport is posted back to you.

chrisbl
27th Aug 2007, 19:34
or like when i went, I was in and out of the building within an hour. It varies.

hubbs1982
28th Aug 2007, 21:35
Thanks for the replies guys.

I had my interview today, and after about a 4 hour wait, I was told that I had got the visa.

When they send the passport back with the visa in it, do they also send your I20 back at the same time?

Cheers

mlee
28th Aug 2007, 22:38
They must do, but good question!!

Which flying school are you off too? I'm going OBA next tue.