PDA

View Full Version : Hughes 300 Training

Ozzymick
26th Aug 2007, 20:02
Good day to all,

I am after some help, I spent 6 weeks in New Zealand flying the Hughes 300 but unfortunatley ran out of time to complete my license. I have finally managed to get permission from the CAA to complete my training here with the hours I did over there. I still need to do my 5 hours solo (couldnt do it over there due to not having the theory bit sorted before my return) and 2.6 hours instrument, and any extra as required by the school. This has to be completed on the Hughes

I have struggled to find the helicopter and or someone to carry out the training for me.

If anyone can help please let me know, I dont want to waste the money or the hard work I have put in so far.

Thanks
Mike

heliduck
26th Aug 2007, 22:14
Chopperline, Aeropower & Cairns Heli School for a start. I'm sure you would find others in other parts of the country if you rang around.

Whirlygig
26th Aug 2007, 22:31
I think Ozzymick is in the UK! Well, Kettering is!

There's Sterling in Norwich, Bournemouth Helicopters and Biggin Hill Helicopters in the South who operate Schweizers; there are others in the South West and oop North.

Do a search on Pprune for those mentioned!

Cheers

Whirls

Ozzymick
28th Aug 2007, 14:10
Thanks for the info so far.

I am in the UK, East Midlands (Northamptonshire). I have spoken with Sterling in Norwich already and Ray at Gloustershire. I have also spoken with a Cabair at Rochester but they have just lost their Chief Pilot and he was the one 300 rated.
I have been qouted prices up to around the £290 per hour mark plus VAT madness. I was paying $400 per hour in New Zealand approx £135 per hour.

Even selling my car hasnt helped. Anyone fancy splitting the proceeds of a Bank Robbery????

Minty Fresh
29th Aug 2007, 08:53
Mike

You have mail

miket_68
29th Aug 2007, 09:22
Hi, sorry for hijacking the thread, Minty do you have nay thought on this you woudl like to share with me.

I am a current PPL(H) on the Hughes, but recently moved to Cambridgeshire only to find that the information in LOOP telling me that Aeromega used hughes Helis was incorrect.

My nearest Hughes site is now Norfolk (85 miles) , or the now defunc (possibly) BHH where I did my training. (110 miles)

If you have information on another Hughes provider I would be greately appreciative. I am currently in the process of my R44 conversion but £300 an hour just to carry me is a bit of over kill. Needless to say bnefore anyone asks why I havenmt doen the R22 conversion its due to my....ermm size. 6ft 3 and 17 stone (ish).

Many thanks for yours or any other input in this.

Miket

500e
29th Aug 2007, 09:33
AH Aelicopters (Hughes 500) screen name on pprune
Dunkeswell Devon

Three Blades
29th Aug 2007, 10:06
Bournemouth Helicopters (01202 590800) have a 300 CBi
I know it is not Northampton but you could do worse than spending a week or two in the New Forest.

manfromuncle
29th Aug 2007, 16:01
Cabair have two Schweizers. They are currently based at Blackbushe/Biggin/Rochester. But they have bases at Elstree and Cranfield and they could move one to there for a day or so I reckon, if you asked them nicely.

autoranger
30th Aug 2007, 03:53
Ozzymick it would be just as cheap to get a bucket seat trip to Florida and finish your training at somewhere like Bristow Academy (if you have permission from the CAA!) - they have loads of S300s and are JAA approved - take a look at www.heli.com !
Autoranger:ok::ok::ok:

Darren999
30th Aug 2007, 15:13
In Pennsylvania (USA) there's a couple of schools that have S300's, anywhere around $214/$250 per hour. Quick flight to Philly and a week in the countryside.... PM if you need names... Hope it helps

Darren