PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Nigeria

flytoo
25th Aug 2007, 22:18
Hello,

I would like to get some infos about jobs in Nigeria. It seems that there are many companies there. Of course, it is not the best place for flying, but maybe the possibility to fly different types of aircrafts.
please, share your experience there if you have some!
Thank you!

Flytoo:)

Happy flying:ok:

BALEWA
26th Aug 2007, 12:16
What nones:mad:se

Oh yes Sire, lots of different types of aircraft down here. Plenty money and plenty of nice browned skin luvlies dancing around you eh...just not the best place to come and fly though.

:* YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS :*

DO US ALL A FAVOR AND STAY AT HOME PLEASE :=

flytoo
26th Aug 2007, 21:40
Hello Balewa!

Stay at home?

1. Why?:confused:
2. Where is home?:confused:
3. It is a free world!:cool:
4. Afraid of competition?:=
5. Help you citizens and don't bother pilots!:(

Take care!
Happy flying

Flytoo

Tokunbo
26th Aug 2007, 23:01
It looks as if flytoo is looking at Nigeria after some time as a flight instructor in China as all his previous posts have been about Pan Am Beijing.

Yes we have many different types of aircraft (not aircrafts) just like most countries and actually it's a very interesting place to fly, especially now because fixed wing aviation is finally modernising in Nigeria, there are quite a few new companies, professionalism and standards are rising rapidly and it's a good place to be apart from the crime problem. However, what we do need here, is that anyone coming over to join us has an open mind and is a total professional.

flytoo
27th Aug 2007, 08:30
Well, my mind is open!
Then, tell me your definition of a total professional.

Flytoo:ok:

Metro man
27th Aug 2007, 11:56
Please send me US$500 to verify your papers, after that there wil be a US$1000 charge for licence conversion. I'm offering a special deal on B737-200 type ratings for only US$15000, all payable up front via Western Union.

PM me if interested in this fantastic risk free oportunity to fly in Nigeria.:E

Shockwave Sam
27th Aug 2007, 12:47
MMan-bl..dy funny!- I wouldn't be suprised if some rocket scientist actually sends you some cash for the "risk free" ratings etc.

flytoo
27th Aug 2007, 21:18
Hello!

Thank you very much for the offer.
Too bad, I don't have 15000 USD to burn. I am looking for a job to earn some money and not to spend it.:=
Where is the training location? Lagos?
Send me more details.
And also, I will need 10000 USD to verify your criminal background too. I wil need to fly to Nigeria and bribe some people to find answers about you.

Is it again the wonderful offers from NIgeria? :confused:last day, I was offered millions, they found a guy with the same name and he had no heir. I should just inherit his fortune.

Happy flying:ok:

olakenn
6th Sep 2007, 14:35
Arikair.com, Aerocontractors.com and virgin Nigeria.com
try those and then private coy like Pan America, Juluis berger construction and government flying.Try visiting Nigeria, Please go to Abuja not lagos on your first entry it is a lot safer and nicer.

dynamicd
6th Sep 2007, 19:10
If you want to fly in Nigeria you have to be in Lagos!The NCAA where you would do your licence validation is based in lagos,all airlines apart from Chanchangi and Dana a charter company have there operational bases in Lagos,so unless you are coming in for sight seeing which you are not forget about going to Abuja.Everything in this life involves risk if your situation makes it worth while to come down here for experience come in and make the best out of it.Things are not as bad as you think.

Now to jobs.If you can afford to pay your type rating on the 737/300/200 you can easily walk into virgin nigeria and /Bellview airlines.because these guys need crew at the moment but will not sponsor anyone for a type.PM me if you are interested in the contact details for the above airlines.No one will reap you off they will simply assess you and if you are acceptable they will give you a list of NCAA approved training facilities around the world for your training and a conditional letter of employment.Easy!

olakenn
6th Sep 2007, 22:10
The dude has a point! I think Airlines should consider establishing an Abuja base. I could not live in Ikeja. Too rough for me but then that is me.
Quality of life is a big deal to foreign flight crews. But listen to the man he is right.
The airlines are operating mostly out of Lagos

NaijaNinja
20th Sep 2007, 03:25
ABUJA is and will always be a big baby to the old Lady - Lagos!

FYI, ABJ has a rising crime rate! Apart from the scandinavian cities, tell me anywhere in the world that doesn't have crime.

'Quality of life', 'Foreign Crew members'? Ain't we all entitled to 'Quality of life' irrespective of whether we are foreign or local?