PDA

View Full Version : RAF Northolt Parking

pigsinspace
25th Aug 2007, 17:03
Are we as serving RAF allowed to park at RAF Northolt if we need to visit London?

Anyone know?

Please can anyone PM me the guardroom Phone Number.

thanks

On_The_Top_Bunk
25th Aug 2007, 17:05
yes you can.

Just turn up they have a dedicated car park.

pigsinspace
25th Aug 2007, 17:13
Are you sure I don't have to be "sponsored"?
No one at work knows the correct answer and I Know the Northolt main Phone number but not the Guardroom..
Uxbridge told me I need sponsoring.

pigsinspace
25th Aug 2007, 17:24
Thanks, planning on visiting Notting Hill Carnival on Monday and parking in London will be a very expensive Nightmare..

I have left my car at Northolt for 3 weeks before when flew out of LHR.

I just thought that we had to be sponsored now to park at Northolt..

Thanks

oldfella
25th Aug 2007, 19:27
Parked there very recently. No problem, park in the area prior to picket point, register car at guardroom, drive to mess and park. Out of the gate, turn left to Ruislip Gardens (5 minutes walk).

My daughter has a dependant's pass and has also parked there when going for an interview a couple of months ago. I rang the guardroom before she went but was told that I didn't need to as she had a pass.

neilmac
26th Aug 2007, 05:44
Yep done it loads of times, last few times I got a sponsor just in case they were like Uxbridge, but no problems staff and everybody very helpful at Northolt.

NM

BEagle
26th Aug 2007, 06:19
I used to use Northolt quite often - mind you, this was 4 years ago. Staff were never anything but friendly and helpful.

Then it was exactly as 'oldfella' described, followed by a quick walk to Ruislip Gardens, then the Central Line into town.

But during the Chancery Lane aftermath and the closure of the Centrl Line, I went to Uxbridge instead.

Staff were OK, I just told them I was going to a meeting in town and wished to park in a secure area. Which was true, hence the jacket and tie. But parking wasn't as straightforward, it was a longer walk to the station and the journey to the City took ages in a noisy underground train.....

But from British West Oxfordshire, the Didcot/Paddington option is a lot easier - no battling with the M40 or Oxford ring road!

Perhaps an RAFBF donation (say £1 per day) to park at Northolt wouldn't go amiss?

Runaway Gun
26th Aug 2007, 07:29
Parked at Northolt recently, checked at main gate as previously described, parked at the O's Mess. Staff were great and efficient - even let me use the toilet (unlike Coningsby civilian guards)

Ruislip Garden train station is maybe 3 mins walk away (I walk fast) and the ticket machines accept coins or credit cards (not debit card or notes unfortunately). The central line train takes about a half hour into London.