PDA

View Full Version : Onetel email/TalkTalk

BOAC
25th Aug 2007, 15:33
Anyone else having an unreliable service from this lot? Since the takeover the email service has not been reliable. Their 'network status' constantly shows all ok when it isn't.:mad:

rossym
25th Aug 2007, 16:42
TalkTalk haven't given us the best reliability recently :( Internet has slowed down quite a lot recently :(

PPRuNe Pop
25th Aug 2007, 16:55
Talktalk has been a bit slow at times but never down - for me that is. But then again it ain't the best. Actually, I have installed Tiscali on my daughter's pooter and I am dead impressed - and jealous!

Talktalk seem to be getting into bed with anyone, first AOL now Onetel - who next I wonder.

rossym
25th Aug 2007, 17:09
Sorry, I meant to write "Internet has slowed down quite a lot recently" - I've edited it now ;)

Lancelot37
25th Aug 2007, 19:56
I'm still on the 30 day free trial. No problems so far. Connection 8.2Mps.

It's also saving me about £300 a year on my previous phone line/broadband set up, and as a hard up pensioner that's a few bottles of whisky! :)

BOAC
26th Aug 2007, 07:51
The enquiry was regarding onetel email services from talktalk. I do not use their b/band. This am I've just had a stack of 'old' emails through.:ugh:

BOAC
2nd Sep 2007, 13:14
A friend (still with onetel for emails:eek:) tells me they have now admitted to a huge problem, blaming it on spam or perhaps they meant DOS, and have taken the email server off line.