PDA

View Full Version : If only I had the money

Miserable Old Git
25th Aug 2007, 14:57
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Jet-Provost-Mk3-Military-Jet-Trainer_W0QQitemZ260153230657QQihZ016QQcategoryZ2983QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Please forgive my drivel but I'm getting old and nostalgic.

I loved flying this aircraft. It's the only jet that I ever managed to do a complete whispering break in. Bring backs lots of good memories:

Nice instructors at Linton, not like the nasty ex F4 guys at Chiv - you know who you were.:mad: Instructional technique????

Taxiing at Dishforth next to the A1 with the canopy back and an elbow sticking out of the window - how cool did we feel:ok:

York - a great night out:yuk:

Solos over the Nth Yorks moors. Low level trips over the dales.

Moving on to the mark 5 and feeling like a proper fighter pilot - 300kts nav:eek:

Thinking that we were kings - how little we knew:O

Wensleydale
25th Aug 2007, 15:04
Speed below 140
Airbreaks in
Undercarriage down

I remember it like it was only 30 years ago.

Mind you, it was!:ouch:

green granite
25th Aug 2007, 15:08
I like the bit that says "NO POSTAGE" :hmm:

BEagle
25th Aug 2007, 18:34
Speed below 140kts:

Airbrakes IN
Landing gear DOWN........3 greens
Flap T/O
Fuel sufficient
Harness locked
Wheelbrakes ON, holding, OFF exhausted.

Or ALF in Woolworths' (ALFFHW!)

buoy15
25th Aug 2007, 19:31
Beags
As Old Codger Leader, nice to see you remember your pre-landers;)

L J R
25th Aug 2007, 19:36
I thought that those were the chex for every type that I flew/still fly... Used them all the time.

F34NZ
25th Aug 2007, 20:03
Much better off on www.everettaero.com : Jags and three Shar FA2s and a T8 for selling those all-important jollies to the thundering herd. Certainly liven up that BBC flying gardener thing : 'And here we are landing at Little Snotterton Hall, whose thousand year old oaks you can see disappearing into the far distance. And as our puffers have just gouged whacking great holes in his lordship's immaculate lawn we're just going to shift across to land on the gravel in front of the house.....oh b:mad:ks, there go the windows.'

I also recall MoD putting Fearless or Intrepid up for sale on a website, although for what result I don't know.

Now if someone will kindly lock this thread against WEBF....

TyroPicard
25th Aug 2007, 20:08
Undercarriage, surely. Then the mnemonic works...
Are
U
Feeling
F***ed
Harold
Wilson

MightyGem
25th Aug 2007, 22:05
The Chipmunk had a much better mnemonic:
My
Friend
Fred
Had
Hairy
Balls

stickmonkeytamer
26th Aug 2007, 00:29
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WOW-Sea-Harrier-Jump-Jet-Aircraft-Falklands-War-Vetran_W0QQitemZ130146650679QQihZ003QQcategoryZ32635QQssPage NameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Plumb it into the pond and have water flowing out of the nozzles! Mrs SMT was not too keen on the idea, strangly enough...

SMT

West Coast
26th Aug 2007, 07:20
So who's gonna sack up and put a bid in?
Beag's, I'll throw a few quid your way for it as long as you promise not to spend it on beer.

BEagle
26th Aug 2007, 07:45
Why thank you, kind Sir!

Trouble is, I would have nowhere to keep it.

Ghostflyer
26th Aug 2007, 14:49
Pneumonic we used was:
Sarah - Speed
And
Lesley
F*ck
For
Hours
Willingly.

Worked for the checks but sadly, neither of the girls put it about. C'est La Vie. Might put a bid in though, I could be a king again!

Chipmunk pre-take offs were:
Tiny, Tim, Makes, Fish, Fingers, Go, Green, Pete, Though, Has, His, Evenly, Turned.

Any guesses?

bad livin'
26th Aug 2007, 17:54
5 grand! Now, I wonder how many people in a syndicate you'd really need and at what buy in level to really make it work. What's the servicing requirement on MB's bang chair? I've only ever seen the JP airborne at shows and stationar, notably by my old window at Linton.

flash8
26th Aug 2007, 22:31
On the above site (http://www.everettaero.com) a Sea Harrier FA2

Year of Construction: 1998
Total Time Airframe: 1291 Hours.
Total Time Engine: 870 Hours

How the heck did they get that for sale? The mind boggles... really.

wondering
27th Aug 2007, 00:16
'If only I had the money'

....plastic will do (VISA, Master, AMEX whatever you like) :ok:

But then again, she isnīt really what you would call a beauty.

John Eacott
27th Aug 2007, 02:55
I would suggest the 5k is the easy bit: it's the same amount as an hourly rate, once the low annual hours flown are amortised back alongside the FOC's :rolleyes:

There's one at Essendon Airport here: every once in a while it toddles around turning fuel into noise, but doesn't seem to get airborne terribly often! Nice to have, though :ok: