PDA

View Full Version : Bypass pay for SO's

Drunknsailor
25th Aug 2007, 02:32
Can somebody clarify what is supposed to happen with regards to bypass pay for senior SO's that have been delayed upgrade due to extendees and our 20ish DEFO's? I had thought that they were supposed to pay it on a one for one basis, but someone told me that they were playing games with the assessment to avoid paying it for any period of time. Does anyone know what is going on exactly or are there any SO's out there who are receiving the bypass pay? If so, what is happening?

thx

777300ER
25th Aug 2007, 03:00
The big misconception here is what the definition of assessment is. Many people including myself were under the impression that being Cat A meant you were assessed as suitable. Although this WAS the case, the new definition of assessed is when the fleet office deems you ready to upgrade. This is typically happening approximately ONE month prior to your upgrade.

Long story short, expect little or NO bypass pay.

ChairmanBoysClub
25th Aug 2007, 07:19
1 month is incorrect. I know of a couple of S/O dudes currently on by-pass pay and have been it for a couple of months. Some of them are not doing their upgrades until late this year - which means that they will have received by-pass pay for almost 6 months. :ok:

Numero Crunchero
25th Aug 2007, 07:56
Despite the natural suspicion many have, I think the company has always paid bypass pay to someone. Question is to whom and when? I think a little more transparency would be required given how many people are likely to be on it in coming years.

SIC
25th Aug 2007, 14:36
Many many SO 's have plenty of jet time - some on machines as mighty as the jumbo. Quite a few also had commands in regional jets or bizjets. Assessed as suitable....please. These guys were suitable when they were hired. They were just used for a few years to save on salaries and now are bypassed on top of that.
As Numero states - some clarity - like a published list of people on bypass with their seniority and reason why/ why not will go a long way.

404 Titan
25th Aug 2007, 14:47
SIC
As Numero states - some clarity - like a published list of people on bypass with their seniority and reason why/ why not will go a long way.
Mate I hear you and agree. The only problem is privacy laws which will put a stop to it unless individuals give the company the OK to make it public.

SIC
25th Aug 2007, 14:53
404 - We have a published pay scale and its not exactly hard to figure who earns what. Can't really see privacy being an issue. Except for the guys who go and spend the xtra $$ in Wanchai and doesn't want the homefront to know. Same guys who hide their roster ...:}:}

Night Watch
26th Aug 2007, 16:41
Transparency.... as Numero Crunchero says is what is needed!!!

Does anyone know by some act of God (or have a way of working out) how many as of this month have been extended past 55 and how many DEFOs(P) there are?

I have contacted 3 different people in the company and got 3 different replies. 2 were "can not" and on was obviously bull ****!

Numero Crunchero
27th Aug 2007, 04:48
As of a month ago I think there were 19 DEFOs. There were about 40ish extendees but half were on the freighter and that does not incur bypass pay.

So in total there should be around 20 FOs and 40 SOs on bypass pay.

Corny
27th Aug 2007, 13:28
According to Mr. H 38 Captains have extended past 55, while 14 mainline DEFO's have started training.
These numbers are as of Monday, August 20th.
So I guess 52 SO's should be receiving by-pass pay, eh? :ugh:

404 Titan
27th Aug 2007, 14:07
Corny

As NC has stated, about half the extendees extended on the freighter which doesn’t incur bypass pay. Therefore if your numbers are correct there should be about 33 SO’s on bypass pay and 19 FO’s.

The Resistance
4th Sep 2007, 03:07
......joining VB