PDA

View Full Version : Tax Allowance

MaximumPete
15th Jan 2001, 20:21
The Lady from Leicester has allowed me the princely sum of £110 for "Flat Rate Job Expenses"

In addition I have tax allowance deucted for BUPA, £188 and loss of licence £325.

Seems a bit of a "rip-off" to me!!

Any thoughts and figures from other airlines

Mr Benn
16th Jan 2001, 01:50
Our company has an agreed figure of £560 for flat rate expenses, agreed with the tax office for all pilots in the company. Have you asked your company about it?

tired
20th Jan 2001, 03:34
Ours is £600 or £650 - can't remember exactly. Each company negotiates separately with their tax man.

MaximumPete
23rd Jan 2001, 21:16
Looks as though ours has taken it upon herself to rob us blind as she knows she's got us by the b***s. Perhaps that is how she got her OBE.

God help us if wants to become a Dame!!!

Skint and unhappy

Pete

earnest
25th Jan 2001, 00:22
It would be interesting to know how the fixed rate expenses vary across the board, ie the company you work for and the tax office that deals with you. There seems to be quite a discrepancy. Admittedly there are differences, eg some companies give out dry cleaning vouchers and others don,t, but allowances ranging between 110 GBP to 650 is one hell of a lot of dry cleaning.

------------------

towser
25th Jan 2001, 02:19
I belive the company i work for deals with the Liverpool tax office and our agreed rate is £748.

Hew Jampton
11th Feb 2001, 23:04
Most of these Fixed Rate Expenses Allowances have a fixed term of five years or so. As each one expires most will be knocked down very significantly to less than £200. All due to the meddling of a certain aviation medic (allegedly) in things that were none of his business.