PDA

View Full Version : increasing trainig costs in Plorida

kord
24th Aug 2007, 13:45
For some months I think about making my JAA PPL training in Florida, as a competitive and financially more attractive option comparing to Europe. Now I have seen, that the school I thought about, OBA, has immense increased the prices, 800$ for the package comparing with the situation some months before.

Is OBA still financially the best option for JAA PPL in the States or are other school better value?

Sincerely
K

worldpilot
24th Aug 2007, 16:45
Compared to the costs here in Germany, OBA is still offering peanut prices. To obtain a PPL here, you should be looking at spending 10K Euros or more. Also the UK prices are still way above OBA prices. If you want to go to OBA, make the move, you won't regret it.

WP

AlphaMale
24th Aug 2007, 16:58
I did notice this too, I was keeping my other plan open should plan A not go to plan. And I read that the 'ATPL Prep' is now £10,995 where it was £9,995 :bored:

Still pretty cheap for 152hrs includes the JAA/FAA PPL, Radio, Night, 100hrs PIC & MEP. And that with the Accomodation :p ... But £9,995 would be better ;)

I have read threads in the private flying forum of people racking up costs of over £8,000 just to do the PPL in the UK :sad:

Do I do the ATPL prep and then go back and complete the rest of the training with Cabair or stick to plan A (Multi APP at EFT? ... Hmmmm).

coodem
24th Aug 2007, 17:59
Maybe those liberty's are costing more than they thought, All those replacement nosegears?