PDA

View Full Version : Life @ KLMuk in Leeds

Ray D'Avecta
26th Feb 2001, 21:01
Hi Folks,

is anyone able to give me some general info on Morale, Lifestyle, Routes, and any other relevant issues associated with being based in LBA with KLMuk. If so, please reply here or feel free to send me a confidential e-mail

Also, any advice on where to live and party :) would be welcome.

Cheers

RDV

------------------
"Airspeed is life.....Altitude is life insurance!"

Ray D'Avecta
28th Feb 2001, 01:50
.....please!

Still waiting for a response. Leeds cant be that bad, can it? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

(Mark, to answer the questions in your e-mail; Yeah, I hope so too. No, April start too, but in Holland. No, Oxford Air Training School. Drop me an e-mail with a phone number & I'll call you)

To everyone else, sorry to be so cryptic :)

JB007
1st Mar 2001, 00:07
Hello Ray,

Don't know much about LBA these days but info on where to live/party...

Would recommend North of LBA..Bramhope's a nice village with a very good pub, Fox and Hounds. Anywhere around Harrogate is cool.
Rawdon, another nearby vilage is also quite nice.

For a good night out I would recommend Harrogate for restaurants, bars and girls!
Haven't been into Leeds City Centre for a while but worth going for Harvey Nichols....

Best of Luck, you've picked a fine county to live in...

Cheers

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

[email protected]
(I'm away for a while!)

Chirpy Pilot
3rd Mar 2001, 20:34
Excellent football team in Leeds. Enough Said. Would you do a swap with the Isle of Man. Girls not so great.

mfds
4th Mar 2001, 02:28
I spent my first year with KLMuk at LBA on the Fokker 50, this was 6 years ago.
It used to be the best kept secret in the company, very friendly atmosphere, base partys, fun flying (plenty of visuals), and plenty of X-winds !

Expect to spend half of the winter months in a taxi to Teeside where the a/c would have diverted due LBA being fogged out most of the time (its 630' asl), although the FK50's are CAT 2 nowdays should improve things.

LBA crews used to also operate the Teeseide - AMS schedule service as well.

I really enjoyed my time there, still miss it today ...... enjoy !!

Ray D'Avecta
4th Mar 2001, 04:18
JB007 and MFDS,

thanks for your replies. Harrogate it is then, with loads of magazines to read in the taxi to Teeside. :)

Chirpy Pilot,

when you put it like that,.....ermm..."No thanks" :)