PDA

View Full Version : MEP Class Rating Renewal

ramshorn
24th Aug 2007, 10:01
Hi
I have to renew my MEP Class Rating soon and have not flown a Seneca since last year when I passed the initial. Is it possible to fail the test? I have done a limited amount of VFR flying since last year also and any helpful advice would be welcome?:ok:

CAT3C AUTOLAND
24th Aug 2007, 10:05
Ramshorn,

Yes, like any test it is possible that you could fail if you do not meet the required standard.

I would suggest, if like you say you havent done much flying in the last 12 months to do a little refresher training. It shouldnt take more than a couple of flights, maybe GH, single engine work and circuits.

Good luck with it.

3legs
24th Aug 2007, 20:19
Ramshorn,
If you have an IR that needs renewing you could do this as well as the MEP. The navigation section will be taken care of all beit IFR. All you need to do is after you have done all the IR work required for the renewal is remove the screens and carry out the Stalls and Steep turns and 1 or two circuits plus single engine work. (Although the single engine work could be done under the hood; EFATO on Go around and Asymmetric approach)

I would recommend that you do some training prior to the renewal.
I have just started flying a PA-31 and I havent flown a twin since my IR. It is surprising what you forget in a year..... It does come back quickly!! ;)
If you are going back to what you know it will make it easier.
Good Luck with it
3legs:ok: