PDA

View Full Version : Safety Auditors Course.

160knots
24th Aug 2007, 07:24
Does anybody know of a Safety Auditors course that meets the CASA requirements which I can attend? Or any unit at a tertiary institution that will fulfill the above.

flying-spike
24th Aug 2007, 10:03
I'd recommend Southpac aerospace. Richard runs the quality and safety audit courses for CASA. Can't go wrong there.

tipsy2
24th Aug 2007, 10:52
Couldn't agree more, Richard at Southpac is the way to go. The course will teach you allot about yourself as well.

Very very enlightening.

tipsy:D

160knots
24th Aug 2007, 14:56
Thanks for the info guys. Would still like to know if there is a uni or TAFE which would include the auditors course requirements together with Human Factors.

flying-spike
24th Aug 2007, 21:49
160, I don't know of a uni or TAFE course that does both HF and auditing. I did a Masters in Aviation Management through University of Newcastle and although half of that is HF/CRM the rest is MBA subjects. If you want to fork out the time an money that is a good course to do but be prepared for at least a couple of years of study part time. I would do Southpacs course to start with and decide from there.

Oh that's super!
25th Aug 2007, 14:03
Thanks for the info guys. Would still like to know if there is a uni or TAFE which would include the auditors course requirements together with Human Factors.

160knots, I'm quite familiar with offerings from uni but I don't know of any that includes auditor's course.

Auditor course is normally only 5 days anyhow, so I would suggest you just go ahead and do the auditor's course, and then do the HF course in due course.

Tee Emm
25th Aug 2007, 14:45
Auditor course is normally only 5 days anyhow, so I would suggest you just go ahead and do the auditor's course

Since a taxi driver's course with Silvertop taxis in Melbourne is a three week course the CASA Auditor's 5 day course must be a piece of p...s to pass. How much does a CASA Safety Auditor get when compared with a taxi driver?:ok:

flying-spike
26th Aug 2007, 04:26
I'm pretty sure the CASA auditor is required to speak english and know where he is, as opposed to......

novicef
26th Aug 2007, 13:50
So Southpac charge approx. $1900 for a 1 week course. I would have thought TAFE or a Uni would have been a more appropriate place to conduct such a course, with lecturers drawn from CASA who not only have done the course, but who actually conduct audits.

flying-spike
26th Aug 2007, 22:40
Are you saying that there is a Uni/Tafe course available? I would have a close look at Southpac, there are several good reasons CASA use them.

tipsy2
27th Aug 2007, 09:53
novicef, forget about what you think should happen and take notice of what does happen. First rule of auditing.....................:ok:

Unfortunately there is little evidence to suggest that CASA Auditors are capable of implementing the QUALITY aspects of the Southpac Course. I do not know if that is a personal or corporate culture failure though a failure it certainly is.

tipsy:ooh: