PDA

View Full Version : Any Flexjet pilots willing to comment ?

FourGreens
24th Feb 2001, 16:42
I have got my interview coming up next month and was wondering about the pro's and con's of working for them - Flexjet Europe.

Pay seems alright, but how about the conditions and work/rest time regulations. The operation seems a lot more diverse then the scheduled pax line ops I'm doing now.

Anybody care to comment ?

- Thanks

Gibbon Tickling Fan
25th Feb 2001, 04:29
Whats the package on offer, if you don't mind me asking...?

FourGreens
25th Feb 2001, 13:23
Is this reply or an extra question ? If the former, please rephrase your question - I don't understand what you mean. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Gibbon Tickling Fan
2nd Mar 2001, 00:25
Got me there ! - I have applied for an info pack, but was just trying to gather information ahead of it arriving.
I'm interested to hear what they are offereing in terms of salary, basing, rostering etc... If you have any info it would be greatly appreciated.

I am unable to comment on the quality of 'your' package. !

GTF

LAVDUMPER
3rd Mar 2001, 02:59
Fourgreens,

I am not a Flexjet pilot, but I know quite a few (all in the States). Most really enjoy the operation. My understanding of Flexjet Europe is that the operation is growing and that the Lear 60 will be the primary fleet on the Contient - much like in the States. I believe Challenger 604s will continue to be added.

Have you ever sat in a Lear 60 flight deck? I have - it was really, really, nice. Flying in the sharp end of a Flexjet Lear 60 around Europe would not be a bad deal in my book!

Cheers

Flanker
3rd Mar 2001, 04:04
Lavdumper

Flexjet Europe do not have Challenger 604's.

FourGreens
3rd Mar 2001, 13:40
Gibbon Tickling -

Package - OK, got you now. Basic info they gave me is this: fixed schedule 6 on, 4 off. First day you pick up the AC where ever it is (either at homebase or you commute to it) and the day six you go home.
Pay starts at GBP30,000 for Lear FO. Then first increase is when becoming CPT Lear or FO Challenger - GBP50,000. CPT Challenger make GBP70,000. Add GBP50 per diem for every day away working. Upgrading acc to seniority and personal ability (min. 2500 TT and 100 on type).
Vacation equivalent to 6 weeks per year. Based on bidding system.
From what I can make out it it a very well organized and professional club. Hope this helps any.

Lavdumper -

Thanks for the info. I like the idea of flying the Lear 60, they say it's a rocket. 'd be fun, I say. And what you say about the Challengers may already be true, since they gave me the facts and figures for the upgrade to fly the thing. I'll keep you posted.

Flanker
3rd Mar 2001, 17:49
FourGreens

What Lavdumper said is NOT true which is why I corrected him first time! People are in fact moving from the Challenger to the Lears! Did they tell you that?
Let me know who is right.

Flightwise
6th Mar 2001, 16:25
Pilots only moving to the Lear 60 because of a delay in the 2nd Challenger and therefore over subscribed in the 601. Pilots will move back to the 601 as soon as the second 601 arrives.

Flanker
6th Mar 2001, 21:24
Which will be when exactly? Not anytime soon.