PDA

View Full Version : G Day Entitlement: Monthly or Annual

Jose Jimenez
23rd Aug 2007, 17:44
Does anyone know if CX is required to give a certain amount of G days each month or is it 92 (plus the 10 in the RP07, making 102) each birth year?

How are G days treated in months in which leave is taken?

Sorry, but, not surprisingly, I can't make a certain determination of this from reading my CoS and RP07.

Thanks!

Jose

Numero Crunchero
24th Aug 2007, 01:24
I think there is just the annual requirement. There is the 7 in 28 and average 8 in 3 x28 day periods for 'days off'. But days off include G, O and A days. The reason it was 92(now 102) was to allow for not getting any G's over leave period (52 -6 weeks leave=46 weeks work. 2days off a weekx46=92 G days)

clear as mud?

Jose Jimenez
24th Aug 2007, 17:45
Thanks, NC. Clear as Fragrant Harbour! I'm trying to determine which method of using leave is most efficient, as work-stacking is so common. For example, in one month, 30% of the month was 'L' days but I only lost 16% of my normally scheduled flying hours. What a load of crap!

Numero Crunchero
25th Aug 2007, 02:06
That is easier to answer.

Leave credit undervalues work by 40%. They can easily recoup that under-crediting on a long haul roster but cannot catch up on a short haul roster.

If you are on a long haul fleet, then 1 to 2 weeks is ideal. Two weeks is equivalent to a long haul pattern - they will squeeze 2 more patterns out of you but that should leave you with 5-7 days off to tack onto your leave or just as a run of days off.

Short haul, or G day limited rosters, take 4 weeks if you can or 3 weeks. If you take 2 weeks they can work you 6 days straight, 1 day off, then another 4 days to satisfy the 1 in 7/ 2 in 14. So you will be working hard for the remaining 2 weeks to catch up on the hours you lost on the 2 weeks leave.

Less murkier?

Humber10
25th Aug 2007, 08:27
I got 3 weeks leave next month with 2 aussie trips at the end of the month + 3 G days, I'm sure if I had only 2 weeks leave I would be doing a normal roster.....

Penske
25th Aug 2007, 09:00
Here at CX a week of leave is worth 14 credits........ 7 days times 2 credits per day. 14 credits toward an 84 hour month is only 17% of your month. Who negotiated this gem?

Since a week is roughly 1/4 of a month, one might think that a weeks leave would be worth something close to....... lets go out on a limb here...... 1/4 of a month's credit. At the very least a week's leave should work out to 7/31 x 84 or 19 credits.

The result of this is that in order to get "value" for your leave, you need to take it in large chunks, so that they can't fit a full month's flying into the remaining days.

cpdude
25th Aug 2007, 13:38
Here at CX a week of leave is worth 14 credits........ 7 days times 2 credits per day. 14 credits toward an 84 hour month is only 17% of your month. Who negotiated this gem?

Where have you been? It's CX...nothing is negotiated!:}