PDA

View Full Version : My gratitude to BA crew

BWEEpilot
23rd Aug 2007, 17:41
Hope this is the right forum.I would like to thank the Capt. and his Senior First Officer, along with the whole cabin crew for there sincerity and warmth upon my request to visit the T7 flightdeck on BA2153(LGW-BGI-POS) on Aug 18th.This particular crew came on in BGI.The Capt. told me they were doing a short cycle.(BGI-POS-BGI)
Keep up the good work guys.It's people like you'll who keep me motivated!:)

Thanks Again,
Duane

Atishoo
23rd Aug 2007, 22:29
Were you allowed on the flight deck bacause you were a Pilot?

Because us Joe soaps wouldnt be alowed up there since 9/11

Interesting :confused:

Rainboe
23rd Aug 2007, 23:16
Nobody would let you up! The wide eyes, the white knuckles hanging onto anything for dear life, the inability to talk, the shaking body- yup- the signs are there! Atishoo, the world's most nervous passenger, has gone on his/her annual holiday and insisted on flying!

BWEEpilot
24th Aug 2007, 02:24
I visited the flightdeck upon arrival at POS.Not inflight.Wasn't that fortunate.

Avman
24th Aug 2007, 06:50
After 30 odd years of visiting FDs either during flight or more often the entire flight, I find the idea of visiting the FD after arrival akin to watching paint dry on a wall. This is not a criticism of the crews (they're simply obeying draconian rules). I never thought I would lose the joy of flying as I now have. :(

MrSoft
25th Aug 2007, 20:49
It's still a thrill for most pax, on the ground or not. Upstairs in the front row on 744 yesterday, BA let me sneak in 10 mins before pushback. Seems to be one rule they're happy to bend if you ask nicely. What I didn't expect, was Captain to leap up, sit me in his left hand seat and photograph me grinning like an idiot :cool:. All done for the benefit of my 5 yr old boy, of course ;) God bless BA.

Atishoo
26th Aug 2007, 21:17
Rainboe (http://www.pprune.org/forums/member.php?u=104343)
Warning Toxic!

Nobody would let you up! The wide eyes, the white knuckles hanging onto anything for dear life, the inability to talk, the shaking body- yup- the signs are there! Atishoo, the world's most nervous passenger, has gone on his/her annual holiday and insisted on flying!

Rainboe,

You really ARE the most nasty person i have encountered on any forum ive chatted on. I came to this forum originally to ask about some routes through Australia. I did post something about me being a nervous passenger-yes. But does that really warrant the abuse i get from you everytime i post something in any other persons thread about being a nervous passenger? Do you really get off being so horrible to me. I'm a woman, and i think its pretty damn low to be as nasty as you are to me. I wish the Mods would take more notice of what you post to certain people on here. You are a forum BULLY at its worst. :D:ugh:

Atishoo
26th Aug 2007, 21:20
And by the way. i have been to the cockpit many times, i was never refused, as guess what MOST Pilots before 9/11 when they knew there was a nervous passenger on board, would gladly aliviate any fears in another human being. But i guess thats what separates the good Pilots from the rubbish ones.

Mods i will be mailing you to discuss the offensive post Rainboe made about me in this thread.

AcroChik
26th Aug 2007, 21:29
Atishoo~~~

With complete confidence I can say that the vast majority of people on PPRuNe commend you for confronting your anxieties about flying and for dealing with them productively.

Visiting flight decks, if and when possible, before or after arrival to see the tools pilots use to get one safely from point to point, is a well-known and successful way of climbing the learning curve toward being a relaxed passenger.

Keep up the good work :) And keep flying!

cavortingcheetah
27th Aug 2007, 06:41
:hmm:
Actually, I thought Rainboe's little monologue was quite appropriate and humourous in a non invasive sort of way. One certainly could not call it offensive even in these rather bland pages. In Jet Blast it could be considered complimentary, extolling as it does the courage of an individual who, while terrified of flying, still does their best to overcome such a handicap.:D Bravo!:D

AdamC
27th Aug 2007, 08:35
I've visited flight decks many of time after 9/11, on the ground.

With most it's been at the arrival airport, but I've been twice before pushback, once XL and once with FR.

Although i'd much prefer to be up front during the flight, I still find it intresting to be in the deck before and after - Most crew are very informative and explain what the aircraft systems do (I don't really have the nerve to say I already know :P).

I'm sure a deck visit on the ground before push would be fantastic for a nervous passenger, being able to see that the crew actually know what all the buttons do and to have a chat with them!