PDA

View Full Version : Who is flying tor TNT?

Miles High
8th Jan 2001, 01:52
From what I can gather TNT has undergone lots of changes in the last few months. Anyone from Liege care to give info on pay and conditions? How is the flying? What about the shifts? Just how high is the tax? What is living in the area like?

The search facility isn't working at the moment, though I did do one a few days ago and it seems there is nothing very current.

Thanks...

Juliet November
8th Jan 2001, 02:40
Miles,

To my recollection Air Foyle is operating a fleet of 146-200/300, Sterling operates a bunch of ex. Air Contractors B727-200F's and a third airline is operating the A300's (ChanEx ?)

However, I seem to remember an article in Flight Intl. in which it is stated that TNT has plans to start their own airline.

Liege is, for lack of a better word, not a metropolis. But belgian beer is good ....

Sir_Fly-a-Lot
8th Jan 2001, 04:50
FYI, the A300's are operated by Panair of Spain and Schreiner Airways from Holland. Also they use 737/757's from Icelandair, a Tupolev 204 from a russian outfit, and DC-8's from Cargolion next to their own AC.
Cheers, SF.

freightdoggy dog
8th Jan 2001, 16:27
JN,
Channex are not operating for TNT Airways,although Panair now has the old Skoda
that was "XC".If you wish to live in LGG invest in a pair of wellington boots!

bibi
8th Jan 2001, 23:27
stop the crap......all above is far outdated or incorrect...all info can be obtained from Mrs Kristin van Beek at +32 4 239 3232 or fax +32 4 239 3239

FreezingFog
9th Jan 2001, 02:07
heard DC is still there as a Line Trainer....remember his LGW landing on the parallel very well...

Miles High
10th Jan 2001, 01:54
Thanks all

For those that wern't aware TNT do now have their own airline with a fleet of 146s and I think an A300.

bibi
thanks for the contact but before I call her who is she?

Dog
Interesting interests on your profile. I'm glad I take my coffee noir!

:)

Miles High
10th Jan 2001, 01:56
Thanks all

For those that wern't aware TNT do now have their own airline with a fleet of 146s and I think an A300.

bibi
thanks for the contact but before I call her who is she?

Dog
Interesting interests on your profile. I'm glad I take my coffee noir!

:)

Miles High
10th Jan 2001, 02:05
oops!
dam these new fangled computers http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif

Miles High
23rd Jan 2001, 05:24
Any nitro pilots watching? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Mutuku
24th Jan 2001, 22:46
TNT Airways operate a fleet of 14 146s, 3 A300-B4s on their own AOC. TNT Airways callsign is now "Quality".

[This message has been edited by Mutuku (edited 24 January 2001).]

Tops Fly Props
26th Jan 2001, 23:49
I'm flying in and out of LGG from time to time, not with TNT Airways tough.
They operate approx. half of their 146es and A300s under own AOC now, but still have PAN Air from Madrid operate the other half.
The tax in Belgium is extremly high, (no wonder if they have each and every road lighted with floodlights?!?) but TNT won't allow you to live more than 100 km away from LGG, standby duty within 35km.
So no escape from these taxes possible.
They do pay the T/R, but the loan is on you, means if you leave the company before your contract is over you pay for the rest.
They did employ quite a lot of new F/Os in the last months, many new faces...
That's all I know at present time, but I'll try to find out more when I'm back there.

Miles High
28th Jan 2001, 06:08
Thank you Tops, I'll look forward to your update...

Tops Fly Props
11th Feb 2001, 00:39
Ok, here is the latest update: You start at approx. 160,000 BEF per month, which leaves you 80,000 after the taxman grabbed his share. Crew schedule is 14 days on and 14 off,(? not so sure about this anymore) where every second day "on" is standby, but this is going to be changed soon. Retirement plan and medical insurance is included, but this is rather a belgian government thing than a TNT special. And they pay a LOL, small one though, but better than nothing. You may want to check www.tnt-airways.be (http://www.tnt-airways.be) for some general information. Liege is famous for the "Liege Landmine" - dog****. All over the place. Rental rates for an appartment are well below UK standard. That's about all information I gathered....hope it helps.

fly safe,

tops fly props

Skunkworks
11th Feb 2001, 16:12
I had a look at their site and found the on-line application form.

At the end it says:

"Please join a copy of your licence and the last page of your logbook."

So what's the deal, you use the on-line form and then send the copies by fax/regular mail???

Or should you just print out the form and send it all by mail???

/skunks

Miles High
12th Feb 2001, 02:44
Tops
Thanks for that, it's appreciated.

Skunks
Not sure about that one, they sent me the form via snail-mail so I didn't have that problem. I would have thought though the safest option is to print it off and send the whole lot off in the old fashioned way?

MH

international bog trotter
12th Feb 2001, 06:53
Having just read the recruitment page of the web site, I have to admit its actually quite a frank and accurate account of TNT flight ops, and what the candidate's profile should be like.

You DO have to WANT to do freight otherwise you won't last and you won't enjoy it!