PDA

View Full Version : Job Aus?

autopilot_86
23rd Aug 2007, 02:18
Hi Everyone Im New To This Forum,and This Is My First Post On Pprune.well I Would Like To Know What Are Your Chances To Get Into Vb,jetstar ,tiger Australia Or Qantas If You Are A Freshie With Just 250 Hours But Type Rated On The A320 Or B737?thank You.any Suggestions Are Most Welcomed.have A Nice Day:)

Paul Alfred
23rd Aug 2007, 03:54
Welcome mate. This forum has a lot of info about the aus av industry and most of it you can find using the search function.
I would recommend though in answering your above question that you visit the respective airline websites mentioned above and you will find all the minimum requirements they need before you submit applications for employment.
Most of the minimums state at least 500 hours pilot in command but you never know.......with the current pilot shortage and the fact you already have those ratings mentioned, its still worth a try.
Good Luck. PA ;)

Wizofoz
23rd Aug 2007, 05:23
QF is unlikely to lower its' minimums in the near future, as it can still attract enough suitable applicants. All the others require you to pay for a type rating if you don't already have one, so having one (particularly one not supplied by their prefered providers) is not a great advantage.

Bottom line is, though the situation is not as tight as in years gone by, you still need considerable hours to be considered by an Australian Airline.
You also need to consider Australian immigration laws, as it's not that easy to get residency in Australia.

There are probably more opertunities for low houred guys in Asia, so maybe get a few years nearer to home under your belt, then have a look south.

Also, and I am not trying to be funny here, you will need to be able to communicate with potential employers in clear, correct, written English.If your post, with Capitals on every word except for a few that actually should have had them, is an example of your command of the written language, get some instruction before sending anyone a CV.

Best of luck in any case.

rotcivtolip
23rd Aug 2007, 05:38
Wiz, QF states that applicants only require 500hrs PIC, do they actually recruit people with those hours?

Wizofoz
23rd Aug 2007, 06:18
Yes they do, though I'd suggest the average recruit has substantially more.

JohnnyK
23rd Aug 2007, 20:08
Not trying to be funny here wizofoz.
you say,
you will need to be able to communicate with potential employers in clear, correct, written English
but regarding your spelling of "opertunities" Im thinking you might want to check your dictionary. Youll find it next to the pile of stones in the glass house.
:E
Sorry mate. Couldnt resist.

Wizofoz
27th Aug 2007, 23:04
Johnny,

Put in your place, I wouldn't be able to resist that oper....opa.....opat....oh bugger!!

I'm away from home and my Spell Checker at the moment, so anyfink mide happpen!:eek:

Ralph the Bong
27th Aug 2007, 23:18
Yes, and you might find in better to communicate WITH clear, correct, written English.;)

roxar
12th Sep 2007, 10:53
hi..
i think it quit difficult to join find a job in OZ...
if i not mistaken afew years back CASA had produce almost 40k pilot..
and i think OZ have alot of pilot..
izzit rite?..
correct me if i wrong..
:}