PDA

View Full Version : AUH Schools

sandpit
22nd Aug 2007, 23:38
Just wondering if anyone would like to share their experiences of the schools in AUH? Considering a move there and wondering what are considered the better options. Many thanks for any feedback.:)

Omania335
23rd Aug 2007, 00:51
sandpit

what Kind of school ??

sandpit
23rd Aug 2007, 04:20
Sorry - thought it was obvious - but perhaps only to me!

fractional
23rd Aug 2007, 09:58
1. The British School -- Al Khubairat http://www.britishschool.sch.ae/
2. Abu Dhabi International (Pvt) School http://www.aisuae.com/
3. Al Rayyan National Pvt School, Abu Dhabi http://www.alrayyanschool.com/
Start from here. If you are already speaking to your future employer in AUH, they should be able to help too.

sandpit
23rd Aug 2007, 11:11
Thanks Fractional. I have the school names. I was hoping to get some tips/info from personal experience about them - what they are like etc.

The British school have advised 3+ year waiting list, RIS and Cambridge also full.

Sir Osis of the river
23rd Aug 2007, 19:12
Sorry, no e-mail addresses with me,

American international school- AISA

Australian school

Canadian school. ( New facility in Khalifa looks really good)

Giggles,( Ok enough already) No longer only a nursery school, but now up to Grade 6, I think)

Keep trying Cambridge. Might be full, but always room for one or two more.

fractional
23rd Aug 2007, 23:11
From what I heard, the English or American schools are the most appropriate for Western kids (and I include the Aussies, Canadians, Japanese, etc.) I believe the Japanese and the French have their own schools up and running along with the Indians, Pakistanis and Filipinos.
During beer sessions, I get to know the other schools are also good but the ambience is not exactly what your kids would like to have in age group of 12-18 and if you a Westerner. I hope you undertand what I mean. I suggest you have a word with other people you know and are ahead in Abu Dhabi.
Yes, they must be full and with a long waiting list because of the recent growth in the city being EY the most responsible for it.

sandy hills
24th Aug 2007, 04:43
Get your wife to look at the expatwoman boards. My wife is an addict. There is a lot of information and opinions on schools and the like. She has just informed me that there is a Abu Dhabi board. Worth a try.

Insh Allah
20th Sep 2007, 04:36
If the outfit your joining avails an allowance of 25K for Elementry School Fee's and 35K for Hight School, be prepared to pay big $$ out of your own pocket!!

IT AIN'T CHEAP HERE!! :ugh:

fractional
20th Sep 2007, 16:52
allowance of 25K for Elementry School Fee's and 35K for Hight SchoolIs this paid abroad for guys who wish to keep their families back home?
Thanks for the reply.

fractional
22nd Sep 2007, 13:32
allowance of 25K for Elementry School Fee's and 35K for Hight School Is this paid abroad for guys who wish to keep their families back home?
Anyone on tis please. Thanks in advance.

Insh Allah
23rd Sep 2007, 12:44
Yes it is.. upon presentation of the invoice...

fractional
23rd Sep 2007, 14:58
Thank you Insh Allah. I wanted to make sure about the policy they are practising nowadays for comparison purposes.