PDA

View Full Version : Exec Turbine - hurting pilots again

Three's
22nd Aug 2007, 19:07
What is going through Dozy D's head these days?
Our charter flights have been cut back as we've lost clients, and we're only flying once or twice a week. It's written into our contracts that we can fly for other operators when things are quiet, as long as we have written permission from the cheif pilot, and so we have been able to supplement our income - until now.
A new directive from Dozy D now forbids us to do this. What is the idiot trying to do? We don't have a new cheif pilot yet, only D's croney the Unsafety Orificer Tigger Wiley as "temporary acting CP", so legally the old dispensation must still stand.
What is the big plan - to make us all resign so that Exec Turbine doesn't have as many under-utilised pilots on the fleet?

theBOSS
22nd Aug 2007, 20:57
Get A Life You Cu..!! Leave The Company If Your Not Happy!!!!

oerlikon
22nd Aug 2007, 22:34
Oops, wrong company..... I was thinking of Exec Aerospace... Sorry... (Lucky for me I could delete my thread.) All I know of Exec Turbine is that they have bought a few old dog aircraft, re-registered them to try and pull the sheep over buyers eyes, refurbished aircraft and sold them without doing the appropraite revisions. (I have flown ex exec turbine aircraft where they have been re-engined and re-propellored without being re-weighed). Dodgy bunch to say the least.

Contract Dog
22nd Aug 2007, 23:42
if it is truly that bad, well then, move the hell on, can promise you that many a good SAA/comair/naition wide/MK/bla bla bla captain went through their door and is still alive to enjoy the memory, learn to play the game first, then sit in the corner and throw sh!t

Dog

Kissmet
23rd Aug 2007, 08:19
I have to agree with Contract Dog, if you do not like it Three's then leave the company. There is no need to get personal and call people names. ET has always looked after their crew very well, why do you not look at all the good things that the company has done for the crew. ET is the only company that pay for the crew's food while they on contract as far as I know. They have always been accommodating with crew and do not force them to stay on contract for two months, if the guys need to stay out of the country for longer due to the tax issue, then ET accommodates them. If a crew member can only stay on contract for 4 weeks then ET accommodates them. Rather look at the positive things then only harp on the negative things. Have you tried the right approach? Send a letter to the Ops Director and see if there is not a way that you you can get around this issue so that everybody can win?

maxrated
23rd Aug 2007, 19:31
Three's
Whats up dude ? I understand that ET charter captains are pulling 25K per month, not bad for working 2 days per week, sounds like a bargain to me ! Nice work if you can get it !

I dont understand why one would 'need' to supplement an income like that , ET pays pretty well across the board. Infact there are ET F/o's who earn more than Comair F/O's at the moment and work half as hard.

ET has a really transparent management structure you would easily be able to raise this issue with management without lowering youself to name calling/slagging, keep it proffesional dude ! :=

Incidently, I'm not sure that your employ contract would have mentioned anything regarding freelancing on the side, as I recall, this point was handled as a 'Memorandum' issued by the previous Chief Pilot.

Also, ET hasnt "lost" charter work they are simply concentrating on developing their schedule routes , which seem to be doing really well. Anyway would you rather do a quick flight to the beach and be home in time for tea, or would you prefer doing a string of night stops in the @rse end of the congo, or, God forbid , an Orapa day stop, like real charter pilots do ?
In which case could you imagine the or amount of bitching and moaning which that could potentially generate? :{

Oerlikon
ET has done some awesome refurb's recently , specifically 2 1900d's in Sudan airways colours, their maintenance guys are top notch, will fly thier planes any day !!! :D

theBOSS
23rd Aug 2007, 23:13
Three's, where are you??? no more reply's Boet? C'mon,any clever answers?

Goffel
24th Aug 2007, 06:38
Three's.

I have never known a guy like you to bad mouth the company that took you in and gave you a chance.

You have one of the worst reputations around in the flying industry and yet, this "idiot Dozey D" put his ganonies on the line and gave you a chance even when the rest of the industry warned him about you.

So much for your loyalty.

Everyone else has told you that if you dont like the company, move on, well, unfortunately, you cannot move on...No-one will take you as you are the laziest back-stabbing trouble making twerp of a kid.

You have had so many chances, and you blew them all....get out of aviation as you are a danger to everyone else with your sort of reputation.

As for picking on Tiger Willy....sure he made an error...and paid his dues for it..let him be...remember your mess-up's...should we tell the whole world about yours???????.

Need I say anymore.

Safetyman
24th Aug 2007, 07:00
Oh do tell! This is a rumour network, not a slating-a-person network.

Anyone that slates another here should ensure that their own backyard is clear before doing so..

Shockwave Sam
24th Aug 2007, 07:10
3's-I don't know anything about the workings/personnel of ET but you are going to have a very short aviation career by slagging off the comapny you work for on this forum!Very ,very un-professional and dissapointing>