PDA

View Full Version : Irish Helicopter Pilots

johndaly430
22nd Aug 2007, 16:49
Hey Guys.

I'm new to PPrune and was referred by a friend who's actually not yet a pilot....i'm based in Ireland and just wondered how many of you ppruners are helicopter pilots based in ireland and can this forum be used as a good resource base for flying in ireland (as many of you know there's a lot of helo's in ireland now!):rolleyes:

ChristopherRobin
22nd Aug 2007, 17:25
John - I will be based in Ireland from next June/July. Will be in touch then.

johndaly430
22nd Aug 2007, 19:14
Sounds good chris be in touch then, hope there's more of the guy's in ireland on this forum!

Wee Man
22nd Aug 2007, 19:25
Howya John..
What info are you looking for here in Rainy oul Ireland.. There are a serious number of heli pilots in Ireland with the size of the population but still not enough to fill the demand.. Lets hope it continues..

Heliport
22nd Aug 2007, 20:05
Welcome to the forum johndaly430. :ok:

If you use the Search function, you'll find lots of threads about helicopter ops in Ireland.
You'll find a range of topics, and everything from the friendly generous spirit for which the people of Southern Ireland are renowned down to character assassinations, snide remarks and revelling in the misfortunes of others. (The unpleasant side may be a by-product of a small and competitive industry in the process of growing.)

You'll find the Search facility on the bar at the top of the page.
I recommend selecting 'Advanced Search' from the drop-down menu and starting off by using the 'Search Titles' option rather than the 'Search all Posts' default.

FloaterNorthWest
22nd Aug 2007, 20:33
john,

Is that North and South or just the country bumpkins in the South?:}

FNW

johndaly430
22nd Aug 2007, 21:04
Thanks to the moderator guy i'm sure i'll use that search function.

As per the question. I meant anyone on the island of ireland. It's a small country with a helicopter! Thanks.

Heliport
22nd Aug 2007, 22:20
can this forum be used as a good resource base for flying in ireland
I was pointing you to the resource base.

If you search for 'Ireland' (rather than for example Eire, Dublin or Cork) you'll find lots of opportunities to join in discussions with other pilots about operating on the island of Ireland.

Moderator guy.