PDA

View Full Version : The Gulf Air hall of Shame

salahabuali
22nd Aug 2007, 16:19
Well, after much thought I think it's time we list the honourable individuals who have given GF the reputation it has and put it in the state it's in now.

Who do we start with?

Al Siyabi, the Egyptian wife, the girlfriend and the water fountain that dried the airline's accounts?:E

Girlfriend is still here...

parabellum
22nd Aug 2007, 23:35
You will need to go back a lot further than that to find the culprits. How about starting with the management that immediately followed Alan Bodger, (mid seventies), and then examine the company history to date. Unfortunately the list will include several expats. The name Salim bin Nasser Al Buseidi (spl?) springs to mind, guilty of massive waste and then there is the gentleman from Doha who arrived in Bahrain, reigned supreme and left with over BD.9 million in the bank!!! Then there is the Financial Director who had to abandon sitting behind the till in his coffee shop in the souk to take up his new responsibilities! It is going to be a very long list.:E

ttg22
23rd Aug 2007, 00:43
Hey....hey...hey
what about housing department?:*
Are we going to talk about it or not?:{

ttg22

Not too small
23rd Aug 2007, 07:13
Dont forget the Dr,Cpt,Shaikh A........

Who speaks 0 languages
Plus the guys who spoke for him, they will be in hall of fame when they are fired.:{

Ibn Kalb
23rd Aug 2007, 12:26
You guys are just pathetic. Whingeing, whining and moaning. Instead of being spiteful individuals why don't you go and do something with your lives?

parabellum
23rd Aug 2007, 12:40
Ah young Ibn Kalb, I see from you age that you are far too young to know what some of us are talking about, you obviously don't remember Gulf Aviation, the DC3s, the F27's and the BAC1-11? They were very happy and successful times, then the rot set in, way before you were born.

Desert Diner
23rd Aug 2007, 13:12
I'd say the rot may have set in about the time the tristars were chucked.

Ibn Kalb
23rd Aug 2007, 14:03
Parabellum and Desert Diner

If you think I am 37 you will also think I live over the rainbow!!

Anyway, absolutely no disrespect to you oldtimers (I actually know a few of you altho the ones I know probably don't do the internet thing). I have heard wonderful stories of the Tristar service and am familiar with the Freddie Bosworth heritage too.

I suppose the point I was trying to make (somewhat hamfistedly I admit) is that I know, as an expat on fantasy island, that one get be sucked into a vortex of corrosive complaining.

Incidentally, has anyone had a really hard look at the glass case of aeroplanes in the pink palace lately?

Mephistopheles
23rd Aug 2007, 15:09
Ibn Kalb, What's new in the display cases? Maybe some Tu-144 in GF colours?

soggyblonde
24th Aug 2007, 08:33
In reguards to the new menu in Jaw prison... it's probably still better than anything served up at your dinner table:}.
How many millions where went missing with previous managers???????:eek::eek:.:suspect::suspect::suspect::suspec t:.

Fokkerwokker
24th Aug 2007, 13:47
parabellum

We must know each other...

Gis' a clue!

FW

brassplate
24th Aug 2007, 14:44
someone please tell me. i'm on a contract with housing for this dingy apartment which i've had to pay out of pocket due insufficient allowancing. with the new housing money, am i able to get out of the contract and go independantly with the hope of saving some fills?
OR
does the housing department collect the new found balance from the raised housing allowance without a hope in hell of releasing me from the contract they signed on my behalf with the landlord?

if it's the latter, then i vote housing to GF's ultimate HALL of SHAMER!!

parabellum
24th Aug 2007, 15:02
PM sent.................................

Che Guevara
24th Aug 2007, 15:13
Hola Brassplate
It all depends on what your contract says, if it requires you to give a months notice, then tell GF housing to give that notice, then sign what has to be signed to get your housing allowance paid directly to yourself.
Many of us don't deal with that corrupt little department, who have been ripping of people for years....I suggest you just take your allowance and rid yourself of them for ever. :D

Chao

Albergineman
24th Aug 2007, 15:20
You can get out at any time, but it is subjected to GF confirm when you effectively can do it, due to the fact that they pay the rent at a three month basis. The GF contract is safer than an individual contract and it is haslle free regarding market soaring and you need to negociate the new contract with the landlord, who for sure will ask more for the apartment and will increase the rent in a annual basis.
If the rent falls below the new allowance you will not receive the difference.

:{

That's it!

Che Guevara
24th Aug 2007, 15:49
Safer and hassle free....amigo, if you think so, then you stick with them. I just don't like people stealing my money blatently. The first year I was here they were taking 50 BD a month from me, every month, simply because they were signing the contract...thats 600 dinars pal. Nowhere in my conrtract did it say that there was a 50 dinar charge if GF signed the contract. I argued this till I was blue in the face, but came up against a brick wall, as you do...:ugh:

Several people that I know discovered that what GF was paying the landlords was not in fact what their contracts stated. They would negotiate x deal directly with the landlord and you would pay the y. Time after time this was presented to various managers and guess what happened....nada

No, I feel better controlling my own money in this environment, thank you, but hey thats up to you....
I would find out from your landlord discreetly, just how much he is charging GF for your house though, maybe everything is fine, however I doubt it.......it simply isn't the way things are done here.

If Kroll and co. want to find something, that would be the place to start, but will they? not this year....

Goos luck with your decision!

Albergineman
24th Aug 2007, 16:06
Well, that is how the thing is working for me and I am aware of a lot of problems with this department.
Anyway, I payed 200 bd monthly from my pocket for one year when I joined GF for a fully furnished apartment then I moved to a cheaper one inside the allowance and I am 3 years now on this place without any problem or any adjustment on the rent and nobody at any moment said to me that I should pay any amount of money just because was a GF contract. The only thing I did was to find a place limited to my allowance.
On top of that this is an allowance that means you are limited to expend up to its limit. Check with people that are leaving here more time than me for instance and in the same place and you will realise that they never had any change in their rent under GF contract differently from some guys with contracts directly with the landlord that are subjected a annual adjustments.
This is how I see it and I respect your point of view.

:ok:

Che Guevara
24th Aug 2007, 17:06
Check with people that are leaving here more time than me for instance and in the same place and you will realise that they never had any change in their rent under GF contract differently from some guys with contracts directly with the landlord that are subjected a annual adjustments.

Yes, most people would not see what goes on, just so happens that I caught it and when I exposed it, they came up with a story. Essentially I was told that they were paying x amount, equal to my houseing allowance. Just happened that I met my landlord socially and found out that they was actually payind him Y, which happened to be 50 BD below what I was paying them...then the story about the contract charge etc.
Anyway lets put this one to bed, I would rather not be reminded of the BS.
You hang in there, I'm sure you are doing just fine.;)

Hasta la vista

sheryas777
24th Aug 2007, 18:48
Hey..guys what exactly you want,,,,management like those you mentioned,,and walked away with millions,or a management as todays trying to control,the running tap.
If you feel what you get for waht you do,,is not enough,,doors are open to move to QR,EY,EK,or Aiarabia,and RAK if they accept you.
You came to this company with little knowledge as trainee,accepted what ever was offered,even without accomodation.
Now you threatining to leave and better ooportuinities,,my dear please massalamah,,Gulf air does not need poeple like you who never appreciated,what they get.
Wish to see you in your home towns what will you be doing...

Mach084
24th Aug 2007, 18:53
Take a chill pill mate. We came here as trainees???????????
I dont f:mad:ing think so mate, we came here rated and with more experience than the average Joe. I recon you're the one who came as a trainee and guess what, I probably trained you so pipe down.

Mach084
24th Aug 2007, 19:12
Sheryas777 sorry mate I just read your profile which is:

marketing and sales,country manager for more than 17 years with an international airline

So I guess it all makes sence now, YOU'RE A MANAGER, frankly I fully understand why you came up with that pi$$ ar$e comment in broken english. Makes perfect sence now.

This is the standard of our management.

Nuff said

brassbut
26th Aug 2007, 02:28
Can we possibly add that little pisshead of an exec VP?

The one who walks like he is God's gift to humanity around the building.

I think the board need a reality check, you can't have someone who has so much clout while at the same time giving his @rse to little boys so they can play with it at wendy's.

Wake up, is it GF that you want succeeding or his charming lollipop mouth full of semen?

salahabuali
26th Aug 2007, 10:50
Is that the marketing and sales guy?

Ray Darr
26th Aug 2007, 13:29
"Little pisshead"??
Oh...I thought you were referring to that pint-sized rabid Chihuahua that was in GF's HR (her name rhymes with Argentina if you know what I MEAN-ah):

http://www.lukalips.com/images/Chihuahua.jpg

I wonder if she's clawed her way higher up the food chain from the trough she came from yet (or is she still where she was, enjoying her hobby of harassing pilots??!)?

Gosh, I miss her (NOT!). At least she didn't discriminate. She hated the locals equally as much as the expats! Now isn't THAT someone destined to the GF "Hall Of Shame"??

:D

brassplate
26th Aug 2007, 22:54
she gonna bite your ass if she finds out who you are!!!:eek:

Ray Darr
27th Aug 2007, 03:45
A vast journey would be needed to attempt that trick. She was yet another reason myself and many others left a long time ago and moved to places far, far away...

The "Hall Of Shame" would be a great addition to the museum there, wouldn't it? Maybe even make it a travelling exhibit so others would see what NOT to do.

Best of luck, GF. There are still some great people there - many who can turn workable ideas into a viable business. But shame on those who made a muck out of it!

Eyegivenofak
27th Aug 2007, 07:46
May I just mention the long list of PCE's after ol' Bodger, seems clear to me they all failed abismally.

What the new management is trying hard to do is fly to the moon with a few failed donkeys. After years of corruption, don't fool yourselves into believing that the current lot is any better, as a proof of that, some are trying to bring back some ghosts from the Initial JH era, God help us!

Weak senior managers with little if no integrity (they will jump ship for a nickle, screw this airline for a dime), old aircraft, little International experience, but great corruption schemes with big words to throw sand in your face. And the show goes on!

Gulf Air will be Gulf air, there is no point trying to be something else in light of the failing capabilities of this airline. The faith is gone!

DesertHawk
27th Aug 2007, 09:52
Ray Darr hit the nail on the head!!!!! Every guy I know feels the same way.

shopsywhopsy
29th Aug 2007, 09:33
"......Don't cry for me Argentina......."

Che Guevara
29th Aug 2007, 18:14
Rumour has it that she has left the building....

brassplate
30th Aug 2007, 04:35
Nooooooooooooo.....come back!!

brassbut
30th Aug 2007, 06:10
May she join the Maasalama list! With all our blessings.

However, she was only actinf in response to requests from up and above...so who is pulling the strings and for what reason, Bahrainisation? I doubt it, employing the incompetent and ridding GF of the few capable is more like it, so the corruprion can go on unabated!

Hall of shame or not, i want to see some serious heads and VP's roll now, enough of this game!

salahabuali
30th Aug 2007, 08:45
Thanks to its managment this airline is a waste of space and the joke of the region.

Carry on, carry on.

Gulf Air is famous for its whores, the crooks, and of course the corruption.

When someon talks of competition, i wonder who they are talking about because there simply aren't any institutions in the region as corrupt.

The only place I can see GF thrive is Central Africa, the best environment for a company like this one, all the corruption and the mismanagment and nespotism you could want. maybe they should sell it to an African government.:E

gimmesumvalium
31st Aug 2007, 03:21
Seems to me that you are insulting Central Africa.

Eyegivenofak
31st Aug 2007, 04:11
What's left to insult? Central Africa should be lucky it's even mentionned...Salah is spot on, this airline is so corrupt it's not even funny.

GFA007
31st Aug 2007, 04:38
I heared that mrs CAPT Am**n* Shu**** from HR is fired ???
anyone confirms that?
and why?

salahabuali
31st Aug 2007, 04:53
Her majesty is pretty nice girl, but she changes from day to day.

I'd like to tell her that I lover her a lot but I've got a belly full of wine.

Her Majesty is pretty nice girl someday I am going to make her mine, someday i am going to make her mine!

Not too small
31st Aug 2007, 07:06
well throw her and the CPT(pizza face) that gave her the power for this to the hall of shame. :\

Propellor
2nd Sep 2007, 04:59
"well throw her and the CPT(pizza face) that gave her the power for this to the hall of shame."

Who's CPT Pizza Face? It would be interesting to know.:*

Al Fakhem Snr.
2nd Sep 2007, 10:00
The whole effing island is challenged.:eek:

Hence is Gulf Air's demise and the metastaze of incompetent foreign crooks.

Had the Bahrainis had a little vision of the bigger picture outside their island, GF would not be where it is today.

I mean this is a pee wee herman film in the making for the last 30 years.

Not too small
4th Sep 2007, 05:33
Do anyone know who were fired end of last week, anyone fames.

BusTie
4th Sep 2007, 07:01
I heard Capt. Ameena.

Al Fakhem Snr.
4th Sep 2007, 07:08
Yes, James Bond was fired 2 days ago he miused his gun, nothing new you might say, but GF is finally coming around.

Ibn Kalb, responsibility has yet to be seen where it belongs.

When you fly thousands of people a day in tatty aircraft with tainted pilots placed by wasta and to promote an equilibrium between Oman and Bahrain, and have decisions made by incompetent heads, VPs, EVP's and Directors.

That is what I call irresponsible, not the statements anyone lets loose on this forum.

It is this complacency and the self denial GF seems to perpetually sinnk in that is irresponsible, protecting self interest in the open public to the discredit of other employees and the whole organisation.

And the Bored looks on, all they seem to care about is where to find the next CEO. Oh well, in the meantime the hemorraging cotinues.

With Managers known to leave for other outfits, still making strategic and daily decisions for GF...and the PCE looks on, that is irresponsible.

To say that the organisation says it needs restructuring and three months later have that guy still smoking in front of Costa all day as if nothing had happened, that is irresponsible.

You want to speak about responsibility Ibn Kalb look no further than the livelihood of 14000 bahrainis on average that depends on Gulf Air and that people play with for the sake of a ride in a merc or little back hander.

salahabuali
4th Sep 2007, 17:59
Son of a Dog!

Exactly, hence any management must stick to its promise and deliver.

That is responsibility, voicing one's opinion or grievances is just as responsible.

What are you trying to say?

Ibn kalba!

brassbut
4th Sep 2007, 18:06
So who has been fired over the week end? I hear the list is a long one...

salahabuali
5th Sep 2007, 03:20
I heard, many....the whole third floor has been emptied:eek: and at night there are djins......:rolleyes: of old time past:uhoh:

Ibn Kalb
5th Sep 2007, 05:55
Al Fakhem Snr and associates

I can't even imagine the depressing frustration of how it must be - your post only gives us a flavour. I am not trying to invalidate your thoughts or feelings.

We shouldn't modify our own standards/behaviour to match and be justified by the standards of a corrupt, poorly run organisation that is despised.

salahabuali
5th Sep 2007, 15:59
No just leave, or wait to be fired....

Sal-e
5th Sep 2007, 21:28
14000? That is way too many people for GF to support. But I agree with Al snr. The right ones must leave.

Ray Darr
9th Sep 2007, 23:11
...Heard from well-placed friends on Fantasy Island that the little rabid mutt DID get run out of the HR department at the ol' Pink Palace there and is now in the dog-house! (Let’s hope that she doesn’t follow Blondie here to the “Land Of Hogie” or she’ll poison the place even more!!)

So what happened to...

http://www.lukalips.com/images/Chihuahua.jpg

??

You barked like a rabid hyena, wrapping everyone with your rude concertina.
You were a true wasta Queena - no style (like a Hurricane Katrina).

You chose a political arena, and fell like a fat Prima Ballerina.
Why did you treat everyone so mean-a? (Maybe you wished you had a bigger weenah?!)

Lets hope your next job is in Bosnia Herzegovina. (Pack well while you wait for your subpoena!)
:D:p:ok:

- - -

Who was the rabid Chihuahua, you ask? Quite the opposite of an Athena!
...oh the shame... OH the SHAME!!
:= :ugh: :bored:

It's good to hear the mess is being cleared out. Who's next to get the "heave" there?

Good luck! :ok:

Spirit
10th Sep 2007, 06:15
Oh man: You're a poet and didn't know it

Here endeth my linguistical abilities :O

brassplate
11th Sep 2007, 12:37
bwahahahaha LMAO @ raydarr!!!! think you missed your vocation, should've been a lyricist/poet/philosopher!!!